Hybrid View

Re: Advice on Inverter Purchase/Install

Not sure what the Letters jumbled stuff is, but anyway. I did buy one, not sure if I did the right thing here but I bought...

DAIKIN INVERTER R410A SPLIT SERIES

FTXS25CVMB WALL INTERNAL WALL MOUNTED UNIT

RXS25CVMB OUTSIDE UNIT
    AIR PURIFYING FILTER
    REMOTE CONTROL & HOLDER

AVAILABLE FEATURES INCLUDE
    AUTO.DRY.COOL.HEAT.FAN
    OUTDOOR UNIT SILENT OPERATION TIMER & HOME LEAVE OPERATION

Looks like it will be a flared connection afterall.

Spec can be seen at...
    http://www.easyventilation.com/image...unted_spec.pdf

DAIKIN INVERTER R410A SPLIT SERIES

FTXS25CVMB WALL INTERNAL WALL MOUNTED UNIT

RXS25CVMB OUTSIDE UNIT
    AIR PURIFYING FILTER
    REMOTE CONTROL & HOLDER

AVAILABLE FEATURES INCLUDE
    AUTO.DRY.COOL.HEAT.FAN
    OUTDOOR UNIT SILENT OPERATION TIMER & HOME LEAVE OPERATION
    Good Choice.

But these don't come with quick couplers on the pipework. You will need to pressure test and vacuum before opening the stop valves.

I will pick this up in a couple of days. When I get a chance to look at it I will sort a position out for the outside unit. I may get some brackets and fix it higher up on the wall to minimise ingress of dust.

I am still undecided as to it serving the lounge or bedroom.

I am a lot happier with the flared connection too.

I have been reminded by SWMBO that I have a number of jobs to complete before I start this one.

The spec does not give the length of the interconnecting cable, but I assume it can be extended.

Once mounted and wired I will be looking for an engineer to Vac down and check final gas pressure.

Smile Re: Advice on Inverter Purchase/Install

Quote Originally Posted by mick2me
    I will pick this up in a couple of days. When I get a chance to look at it I will sort a position out for the outside unit. I may get some brackets and fix it higher up on the wall to minimise ingress of dust.

I am still undecided as to it serving the lounge or bedroom.

I am a lot happier with the flared connection too.

I have been reminded by SWMBO that I have a number of jobs to complete before I start this one.

The spec does not give the length of the interconnecting cable, but I assume it can be extended.

Once mounted and wired I will be looking for an engineer to Vac down and check final gas pressure.

You dont get interconnecting cable with a proper split like you have bought, but you will need some 4-core 1.5mm.

If your using an isolator on the indoor unit then dont break the number 3. (comms)

If your using an isolator on the indoor unit then dont break the number 3. (comms)
    Good advice . Certainly don't put it through the isolator where it could pick up interference. (Crimp it seperately).

Also important is to make sure that you have a good neutral otherwise you will blow the inverter board at switch on.

As already pointed out good choice of unit, the only thing i can throw in to the thread is i would recommend that you cut off the indoor flare nuts and braze the connections, makes a far neater job!

Thanks

The electrical advice will mean more to me when I see the manual. The Piping side will be dealt with by an engineer. I hope to collect it towards the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3
    As already pointed out good choice of unit, the only thing i can throw in to the thread is i would recommend that you cut off the indoor flare nuts and braze the connections, makes a far neater job!
    yep cant agree more, the connection to the inside unit MUST be brazed, we always Braze these as they are always either behind the unit or halfway through a wall, we have been called to many ( other installs) where these have not been brazed and had to take the whole wall unit down , braze and re install costing the customer a small fortune

Always braze the back of wall units, it takes 10 Min's max and will provide the customer with a proper job

Quote Originally Posted by frank
    Good advice . Certainly don't put it through the isolator where it could pick up interference. (Crimp it seperately).
    Now I am wondering if I am reading this right?

Putting it through the Isolator?

I am running the 2.5mm T&E feed to the inverter back entry into a 20A rotary disconnector

Breaking live and neutral, bottom exit via flexible conduit to feed the inverter. The 1.5mm 3 core and earth leaves the inverter by the same flexible conduit, to the switch box, but is not broken by the switch. It just exits through the back of the switch into the house, running up the wall inside before rejoining the pipework on its route to the interior unit.

This allows the use of light Twin & Earth, and 3 Core and earth cable as opposed to Armoured cable.

Are you saying that running the control cable through the isolator will cause some kind of interferance?