Thread: Sanyo p04 fault

Sanyo p04 fault

Sanyo SPW-C0905DZH8 went off on p04 fault all 11 indoors had filters and coils totally blocked with no airflow across coil so gave all 11 units deep clean and outdoor coil clean.
    Reset outdoor unit at isolator but fault is still there and the outdoor unit doesn’t even try to start.
    Rang Sanyo and they went through settings on an indoor controller for pressure switch and was reading 14 degrees which I am told is correct.
    I then swapped the pressure switch with a unit that I knew works, reset indoors and outdoor units at power and still p04 comes up.
    I remember working on a Sanyo system a few years ago with a reverse phase error and after correcting the fault it would not reset and had to jumper a plug but can’t remember how I did it.
    The Sanyo guy I spoke to was new and didn’t know but I’m hoping someone here does as the customer wants answers and I can’t give them.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Matt.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Sanyo p04 fault

Can't really help I'm sorry to say and reading the manual didn't throw up anything obvious unless someone has been playing with settings.
    Manual here - https://bit.ly/2Vz4YWy
    If it helps.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I had the same problem with one of these, P04 is meant to be High Pressure Fault, I spent about a week trying to clear fault, I even swapped all the boards from a good unit, Panasonic didn't have an answer to this fault, gave up in the end, not cost effective, The only thing I didn't change was condenser fan motor, might be worth a shot, nothing to lose,
    Skilts
    Last edited by skilts; 19-01-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy303 View Post
    Sanyo SPW-C0905DZH8 went off on p04 fault all 11 indoors had filters and coils totally blocked with no airflow across coil so gave all 11 units deep clean and outdoor coil clean.
    Reset outdoor unit at isolator but fault is still there and the outdoor unit doesn’t even try to start.
    Rang Sanyo and they went through settings on an indoor controller for pressure switch and was reading 14 degrees which I am told is correct.
    I then swapped the pressure switch with a unit that I knew works, reset indoors and outdoor units at power and still p04 comes up.
    I remember working on a Sanyo system a few years ago with a reverse phase error and after correcting the fault it would not reset and had to jumper a plug but can’t remember how I did it.
    The Sanyo guy I spoke to was new and didn’t know but I’m hoping someone here does as the customer wants answers and I can’t give them.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Matt.
    Hey, ive just read through one of my old fault code lists and its saying that sanyo po4 fault code is a fault with the outdoor unit, high pressure trip is what i got on my old document, not sure if any use to you though

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRikki View Post
    Hey, ive just read through one of my old fault code lists and its saying that sanyo po4 fault code is a fault with the outdoor unit, high pressure trip is what i got on my old document, not sure if any use to you though
    That's already been established.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    That's already been established.
    yes i saw after i posted, when i read through the comments i didnt see that reply