Parallel Scroll Compessor Coupling and Tubing

Hi Everyone

I saw some commercial pictures on the net that 4 scroll compressors (usually in high capacities) are coupled together in one refrigeration circuit. someone told me that the coupling demands some extra equipment for oil managment, e.g oil regulator and an oil resevior. is it true? and if it is, why? because the oil pressue can be regulated by the suction collector pipe. and I would like to know if the job couldn't be done without the use of those equipment?
    I would be very happy if I could have an answer

Thank you in advanced

Re: Parallel Scroll Compessor Coupling and Tubing

Scroll compressors have a small sump, therefore in this arrangement, it is enough to connect all the compressors sumps in parallel with valves between each one.

No need for extra equipment.
    An oil is separator always a good practice to install before the condenser and connect the oil return pipe to the inlet of the liquid separator.

Thank you chemi-cool for your reply. I found Danfoss scroll compressors In parallel installation which indicates two methods for trio and quadro paralleling of scroll comps. static and dynamic methods. in dynamic methode which is suitable for parallenig of 4 comps there is an extra component, Suction oil separator / gas restrictor. in spite of piping differences. do you know if it is harmful for the compressors if i do not install the mentioned component and just perform the piping??

Thanks

P.S here is the following doc.
    http://files.danfoss.com/technicalin...l-June2015.pdf
    Last edited by NaderAttar; 02-01-2019 at 10:03 AM.

If all the compressors the same size, You do not need the suction restrictor.

In different sizes, it is important to install suction restrictor.