Where to get an R32 mini split?

So I am going to be getting a mini split heat pump next summer. However, there is a problem: All the mini splits that I can find use R410A. Unfortunately, the only other alternative that I know of is R32. I can’t seem to find an R32 mini split, but I know they make them. So my question is how do I get one? Thanks.

Re: Where to get an R32 mini split?

Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin make them.

Quote Originally Posted by narkom View Post
    Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin make them.
    I know that they make them, along with many other companies. But how do you buy one? I did A Google search for “r32 mini split for sale” and I checked eBay, but I just found systems that use crappy R410A.

Sorry I can't help you with your search for a r32 model, but I'm interested why you consider r410 "crappy"?

Quote Originally Posted by langy View Post
    Sorry I can't help you with your search for a r32 model, but I'm interested why you consider r410 "crappy"?
    One big reason I don’t like R410A is because it’s a blend, and it will fractionate if there is a leak. An incompetent tech can also fractionate the blend by charging as a gas. That should never happen, but in the real world, it does. There’s also the issue with the redicoulously high pressures, which tend to cause leaks. Also, with the worldwide R125 shortage, I expect that R410A will continue to get more expensive.

As for the environmental aspect of R410A replacing R22, here’s my thought: Even though R410A doesn’t have any ozone depletion potential while R22 (supposedly) does, it has a much higher global warming potential. And much more of it is going to leak out of the system into the atmosphere because of the high pressures. There is also the issue of having to dispose of fractionated blends, which isn’t environmentally friendly either.

So those are a few of the reasons why I don’t like R410A.

Quote Originally Posted by narkom View Post
    So if Mitsubishi doesn’t make R32 systems for the US market, who does? Someone must.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy4 View Post
    There’s also the issue with the redicoulously high pressures, which tend to cause leaks.
    Not intending to split hairs but pressures are pretty much identical between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post
    Not intending to split hairs but pressures are pretty much identical between the two.
    You are 100% correct. When I said that the pressures are high, I was comparing it to R22. I should have been more clear though.

LG make R32 units and are phasing R410a units out. Their 2019 model line up brochures only show R32 units.