Removal of Fujitsu AST9/12LSBCW Inside Unit Front Panel

HI, Can anyone tell me the trick to get these front panels off these Fujitsu inside head unit aircons, so I can wash it, as I've removed the 4 front screws and lifted the top rear section, the middle and right hand side pops off OK, But the left hand side wont pop off, and then tried popping the bottom off first, but that didn't help either. I've got 4 of these aircons and tried another one and L/H side wont pop off as well, I've Google about this and have read that lots of others have trouble getting the L/H side off as well, I've got a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and a Daikin and front panels easily come off those without a hassle, I feel if I put anymore more pressure trying to get it off, I'll pull the whole head unit off the wall, is there a video out there showing how its done, when I do get them off, might have to do some modifying filing on the L/H side to make it easier next time. Thanks

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Removal of Fujitsu AST9/12LSBCW Inside Unit Front Panel

Unless there is something unique with hour model there doesn't seem to be anything special with these covers.

This link shows the basic models

https://www.ultimateair.co.uk/docume...SBCW-USBTW.pdf
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

HI Brian, yes yours is different manual and different set up, Australia's Installation Manual is Part No. 9313203016-01. Its just hard for Top L/H side of Front panel too come off, Im lifting up and then pulling to the front and middle and R/H side come off OK, but not the left.

They are a right sod to get off, especially when tight to the ceiling.
    Think your best bet is to hang the other two off and see how the clip works then try and prise it out.
    Over here we get a thing, think it's called tie-tight. Basically a bag you fit round the unit so you can spray in the fan blade and the liquid runs into the bag, down a pipe into a bucket.
    Perhaps if the fascia looks to much grief you can try something like this?

Cheers,
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbrewy View Post
    HI, Can anyone tell me the trick to get these front panels off these Fujitsu inside head unit aircons, so I can wash it, as I've removed the 4 front screws and lifted the top rear section, the middle and right hand side pops off OK, But the left hand side wont pop off, and then tried popping the bottom off first, but that didn't help either. I've got 4 of these aircons and tried another one and L/H side wont pop off as well, I've Google about this and have read that lots of others have trouble getting the L/H side off as well, I've got a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and a Daikin and front panels easily come off those without a hassle, I feel if I put anymore more pressure trying to get it off, I'll pull the whole head unit off the wall, is there a video out there showing how its done, when I do get them off, might have to do some modifying filing on the L/H side to make it easier next time. Thanks
    I finally worked out why the Left hand side front cover wont come off, Fujitsu have got raised lines on front cover to dictate where the securing lug clips are at the rear of cover,Top and Bottom, We'll the left hand side securing lug clip is not at the rear, its actually further forward at the 5th air vent end-90 mm from rear, so what I did so its easier to come off next time is file the sharp tip and round off this wedge shaped lug clip a bit on inside front cover so it smoothly rides over other head unit clip lug to come off with out having to lift it up and pull forward at the same time and works good now, I even rang Fujitsu Australia beforehand and they didn't even know or mention that this wedge shaped lug clip was not at the rear, but where I found it further forward.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Well done, good fix and thanks for the update.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks Brian, hope it helps out lots of others that have had this problem.