Cause of unit requiring reset

What reasons are there that require a unit to be reset?

Apart from a power outage has anyone other suggestions that I can give my client.

The unit has only recently (three months) been fitted and has been reset three times.

It's installed in a property that is used as a holiday villa but the power is always left on. The area is usually stable for power supplies.

The fix is simple but my client is getting a little uneasy as the unit is so new.

I've double checked all the wiring and it seems fine.

Re: Cause of unit requiring reset

Unit make>model>type > any alarm trip indication>conditions when it reset>ambient temp,
    Info may be could help to identify reasons of tripping.

It's Kaysun Ducted 18k Btu system which is a Spanish manufacturer based in Barcelona. Room temp is usually around 27C and set to cooling 17C. There are no error displays on indoor or outdoor units. The only thing I do is switch the unit off and on again and then it works normally. I'm just after general ideas of what else could be causing the issue.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

You need to monitor the operation of the unit to try and understand what is happening. Why is it set to 17°C, it will probablynever reach that temperature?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Looks this is an inverter type unit, may be same as KAY52DN7.
    Please note that A.C units are designed to work for human beings and normally should keep between comfort zone of 20*C>22*C , but to keep and run at lower temp such as 17*C it needs to work hardly and as mentioned by Mr. Brian may be will never bring down that range, it needs special design conditions to go that much low.
    At 17*C it may work continuously and possibly some components in electronic cards generates excessive heat which trips out, as you mentioned it is a new unit, then it may has warranty, so why not to contact the supplier, We had experience in past that new units not always works properly in various conditions.
    Further to that there is a question, if you kept it at 17*C and room temp is at 27*C also means unit is not working properly, either there is shortage of refrigerant, unit is small against its load or out side air leakage is there.

Check thoroughly all parameters and causes.
    Last edited by malik55; 17-09-2018 at 08:27 PM.