Carrier transcold unit

Hi

I have 2 of these sited next to each other with the centre wall cut out on both units making in effect one room, i was wondering if i could pipe the two evaporators together and run them both from one compressor obviously i would have to re-wire the control panels to suit.
    The containers run at 1 deg C.
    i'm assuming there would be enough capacity in one compressor to carry the load (I need to check)
    i'm assuming there would be enough capacity in one condenser to carry the load (i need to check)
    in an ideal world i am thinking i can pipe the liquid line into a larger receiver through a llsv then "T" to each evaporator, change the tev's, and pipe the evaporator outlets into a "T" to one main suction going back to the compressor.

The main reason to do this is to reduce my clients running costs as he never intends to use them as a freezer and i guess there is enough capacity in one compressor to carry load in a chill application.

TIA
    Chillyblue

Re: Carrier transcold unit

What model carrier units are fitted?

Hi cadwaladr

They are 69NT40-511 units

In my experience l prefer to fit commercial equipment on static storage,the only disadvantage is the evaporator taking up room in the container but they work better use less power and the replacement parts are cheaper and easier to obtain,