Manitowoc ice machiine bd0452a

Ice machine makes a batch of ice, harvest, drops and restarts. Makes another batch of ice, harvest, drops and restarts. But on the third time, it makes a batch of ice, goes into the harvest mode and within 5 or so seconds it starts the freeze cycle again before dropping the ice. No the water curtain never moves. Any ideas?? After the last batch of ice finally melted off (I turned the machine off), I can turn it back on and it did the same thing again. Tks.

Re: Manitowoc ice machiine bd0452a

Check the refrigerant quantity, I think it is on 404. If you lost some of the charge, it behaves strange.
    Restart is controlled by a switch on the side of the front door, check that it functions well.
    Check the timers and thermostates.
    In some models they use a pressure control to make the ice and it operates the harvest timer.

And, have the water system cleand well.

Re: Manitowoc ice machiine bd0452a

Is the curtain hanging tight against the cube frame? any gap can lead to board thinking ice has dropped, check frame is spotless, as Chemi says check the contacts are functioning, if sensor is loose or machine badly off level it'll do strange things indeed.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.