Carrier Puron Ducted Internal fan starts and switches off after 10 secs.

I'e been called out to a Carrier Puron Ducted system that the internal fan starts and then stops after 10 secs with no error codes on the display. I've set it just for fan only but the result is the same. When the fan starts it seems perfectly fine and powerful. jut not for very ling. The unit would be about 15 years old going off the property but unfortunately the model number can't be read on the outside due to Sun bleaching. The internal unit circuit board can't be accessed as some genius has fitted it up to a wall so I can;t even get the cover off. My main question is :- will the error be indicated on some leds on the main circuit board?

Re: Carrier Puron Ducted Internal fan starts and switches off after 10 secs.

you have to gain access to the internal unit and search for the error.look for windings resistance,free movement of the fan and so on...

Re: Carrier Puron Ducted Internal fan starts and switches off after 10 secs.

Thanks, sadly I can't get to the PCB without taking the internal unit down and a foot injury is stopping me doing that. I've already suggested the client gets another company.