Room temp display on ducted system

I've installed a ducted system in an apartment. The manufacturer is Giatsu which is Spanish based. The wired control display only shows SET temp and not ROOM temp. I suspect there is a switch setting on the PCB which changes where the temp is measured and think this just needs changing. Unfortunately, Giatsu is proving difficult to contact, however the PCB is exactly the same as a Hisense ducted and so I'm presuming the switch will be similar. Does anyone know which switch button to press?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Room temp display on ducted system

Have you contacted Hisense yet?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Sorry for the delay in answering. I assumed I'd get an email if someone had replied. I did ask via email but haven't got an answer from them either. One thing I've found in Spain is that no one wants to know when there is a problem

Can you not interegate the controller to see sensor data?
    Suction sensor should indicate room temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by rubybree View Post
    I've installed a ducted system in an apartment. The manufacturer is Giatsu which is Spanish based. The wired control display only shows SET temp and not ROOM temp. I suspect there is a switch setting on the PCB which changes where the temp is measured and think this just needs changing. Unfortunately, Giatsu is proving difficult to contact, however the PCB is exactly the same as a Hisense ducted and so I'm presuming the switch will be similar. Does anyone know which switch button to press?
    might make sense to say which controller & unit is fitted..
    file:///C:/Users/richard/Downloads/MANUAL%20USUARIO%20CONTROL%20GIATSU%20CABLEADO%20VRF%20GIA-KJR12B_ING.pdf

separate note do those ecosense units sell well?
    Last edited by r.bartlett; 29-08-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Hi R.bartlett, can you tell me where you found the download document from as it's on your local drive. I found a generic description from a search and it shows only set temp. The original instructions did show room temp as an option though.

I've not really marketed the Ecosense models yet and waiting until my busy period is over which should be in a couple of weeks. I do mention it on my invoices and getting a few queries. My main issue is calculating the cost benefit. I reckon it's about Two years payback on the original investment which isn't that bad but sounds like a lot of money when my customers have four units that need controlling. Still, I'll try to dazzle them with commonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by rubybree View Post
    Hi R.bartlett, can you tell me where you found the download document from as it's on your local drive. I found a generic description from a search and it shows only set temp. The original instructions did show room temp as an option though.

I've not really marketed the Ecosense models yet and waiting until my busy period is over which should be in a couple of weeks. I do mention it on my invoices and getting a few queries. My main issue is calculating the cost benefit. I reckon it's about Two years payback on the original investment which isn't that bad but sounds like a lot of money when my customers have four units that need controlling. Still, I'll try to dazzle them with commonsense.
    unless we know the model of controller it's difficult to help
    http://www.hisense.es/aire-acondicio...rol/yxe-c02ue/
    http://www.hisense.es/aire-acondicio...rol/yxc-a02ue/

Hi r.bartlett,

The model is YXC-A02U (E) - The manufacturer is actually Giatsu but it's exactly the same from controller to internal PCB as a Hisense unit. The only PCB I've not changed is the external PCB. This has three push button switches and I'm assuming it could be one of those that may change the source of the Temp sensor to the controller. I've given my client a hand held Hisense remote that does display the correct temp but he still wants the wall controller to display room temp.