Fujitsu ASTA09LCC error codes

I've got a Fujitsu ASTA09LCC flashing the red operation light 5 times and the timer light is blinking constantly. Does anyone know what this error code is? I can't find anything online.

The indoor unit is working normally, fan running etc. but the outdoor unit tries to start every few minutes and cuts out again. The fan runs for a few seconds then a relay clicks and the fan stops. The compressor doesn't start at all. I tested the resistance of each winding and they are all the same and no shorts to earth. I couldn't go much further as it got dark and started raining but will go back there in the next couple of days with hopefully an idea of what the error code is.

Thanks for any help.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Fujitsu ASTA09LCC error codes

Error code could, I only say could be, a compressor fault, check with Fujistu.

With equal resistance across the compressor is it three phase or inverter?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Fujitsu ASTA09LCC error codes

5 and 5 is compressor rotation incorrect so double check the flashing lights, this is the common fault code. You'll be looking at a seized compressor or faulty inverter which is all part of the main outdoor board, just one PCB on the outdoor unit.
    Diode test might prove board but not under load. Be worth unplugging compressor and check for balanced voltage to compressor also.
    Cheers,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Tayters; 10-07-2018 at 12:18 AM.