Refrigeration NVQ Assessor

Hey guy's, looking for some help trying to find the above. Will be self funding and have the support of my employer proferibly located in or around Glasgow. Thanks in advance.

Re: Refrigeration NVQ Assessor

The C&G 6187 or Scottish equivalent shouldsort this out for you at the college that you attend. Each college will usuallysend the course lecturer or an in house assessor that covers more than onetrade out to a site that you're on, and take a few photos of you stood next tothe equipment that you're working on. One visit is usually a system breakin,and the other is for a service visit.

You will then need to produce your own photos ofyourself doing all the necessary duties such as brazing, tightness testing,vacking, charging and setting superheat and and subcooling. Then the sitevisits and your pics all make up your portfolio to be submitted as part of yourcourse work so that you achieve the full certificate and gain the requiredcredits to attend the higher courses. Then you can learn more about design andselection, and the more complex systems.

Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Hi John

Chilliwilly is right the training provider should do this for you.

It's what I do so if I can advise you on it or help out, ask away.
    Regards

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Hi thanks for the reply. I understand what is involved as I have done the same thogh a fabrication apprenticeship, I'm struggling to find any company or even freelance person that could do the assessor trainer part of the NVQ/SVQ. Any Help in pointing me in the right direction guys would be appreciated.

If its the site assessment that you're looking for and struggling to arrange. Have you approached any companies as a volunteer like I suggested a while back?

At least then you can gain your portfolio evidence and satisfy your site visits.
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply. I understand what is involved as I have done the same thogh a fabrication apprenticeship, I'm struggling to find any company or even freelance person that could do the assessor trainer part of the NVQ/SVQ. Any Help in pointing me in the right direction guys would be appreciated.
    Why do you have to find the assessor?

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..