two tx valves per evaporator, 1970's army coolroom/ freezer. help needed

im working on an old army 1.5m cube coolroom and the customer is telling me it can be a freezer as well. it has two thermostats. as far as i can see to make it a freezer i would have to change which thermostat it reads from( maybe a switch somewhere), set up for more defrosts. im wondering whats the go with the two valves. the red valve has to be open all the time otherwise liquid cant get to the second valve. ive attached some pics. is it possible to run two tx valves into one pipe/evap. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: two tx valves per evaporator, 1970's army coolroom/ freezer. help needed

Those shut off valves allow flow through underneath and when the valve is closed it only stops flow up not left, so the red valve controls flow to the right hand expansion valve and the left hand expansion valve is controlled from the golden valve. The red valve will not stop flow to the left it just stops flow up. so open red or gold, one for fridge and one for freezer.

Regards
    Rob

Last edited by Rob White; 22-06-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Ps excellent photo and a demonstration of practical design put into practice.

This is a quiz question to everyone who cares to enter????????

The photo is so good it shows holes in the flare nut fittings.
    Why do the flare nuts have holes drilled into them like that?

Answers on a post card sent to RE quiz of the week

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

To make them frost proof, ie. frost forming within the neck of the flare nut, I am old enough to remember when they were all like that.
    Location, United Kingdom