Threaded View

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Protect Your Ears

I hope that I'm not turning into a grumpy old man but can I please remind you all to protect your hearing.

I have finally admitted that my hearing was not as good as it should be so had a hearing test and am now the proud owner of a pair of the finest digital hearing aids available via our wonderful NHS.

The improvement in sound quality surprised me i have to admit.

Now some of this hearing loss is no doubt due to age, I'm 70, but I'm certain that most of it is due to working in machine rooms and around chillers without wearing any form of hearing protection. Towards the end of my working life I was more careful and always used good quality ear defenders whenever the sound levels went up.

So please remember that loud noises can break the little hairs in your ears that generate the sound for your brain. When that hair is broken it DOES NOT REGROW, it has gone forever.

Sorry to nag but it is so easy to stop this damage to yourself.

Be safe out there folks, it's your life.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 19-05-2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Spelling of course.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015