Fujisti ASTA30LCC

Hey guys.

Having some trouble with a Fujitsu I have been looking it. Originally attended job due to circuit breaker tripped. Checked out unit and found a dead short in the valve coil. Replaced valve coil and now unit coming up with Operation light- off, Timer light - 2 flashes. Replaced outdoor control pcb as found burn marks on the back but still getting the same error. Indoor fan still runs and can change speeds.

Just wondering where else to start looking. I'm not sure if the power or filter board will be causing the 2 timer light flashes as I thought this was a communication error between units.

Also does anyone know where I can get a hold of a service manual for this unit?

Cheers, Daniel

Re: Fujisti ASTA30LCC

Last edited by narkom; 08-04-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Hi Dan,

Sent you an email but if you don't get it check the junk folder, some of our mail gets sent straight there.
    My guess is something has let go outside and tripped the breaker and the fault remain but you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work that out, eh?

The EEV reads 46ohms across red/orange, red/white, brown/blue, brown/yellow, 4wv around 1.4k ohms. When you say dead short do you mean the EEV and if so was it actually 0 ohms or more the standard 46
    Normal faults to cause the breaker to trip is dodgy fan motor or compressor/IPM.
    Search for posts by Ozairman, he did one about checking the motors, was pretty handy info but in a nutshell no short between red/black and white/black on fan motor. Make sure unit powered down for a few minutes before unplugging and red wire has 300V DC (although not in your case I suspect as something’s blown), unplug it with that voltage there and pin will get blown off the board.
    Some handsome guy did one about checking the inverter. What a trailblazer: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...light=inverter

Also seen probe wire rubbed through and taking boards out, 5V supply to probe going to earth.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Thanks Andy.
    I already sorted the issue of the unit tripping the breaker which was the valve coil. Replaced it and it doesn’t trip anymore but now coming up with the 2 flashes of the timer light. New pcb in outdoor unit as well as found burn marks on back of board. Indoor fan runs now just getting that error. Will check the outdoor fan motor today and do further testing from there

Cheers