Hi guys,

I am relatively new to the industry, having around 5 years experience but do have a good understanding of Refrigeration and how it it all works.

However no matter who I seem to ask they never give me the definitive answer to what I’m after?

I’m basically going through Victoria Universiry in Australia to get my skills assesed, however the questions they are asking I believe I know the answer but nobody is saying that’s the definitive answer, which is what I would need to know.

They are asking, What is the expected maximum pressure the low side may be subjected to? Keep in mind that pressure on the low side is higher when the system is not operating. This would be for both Air Conditioning and Refrigeration

Is this basically determined after you’ve accurately charged the system to the correct weight, then measured the pressure on your gauges after the system is off, or am am I being stupid and missing something here?

I presume maximum pressure the high side would be calculated to 15 degrees over ambient temperature in the condenser?

I just want to be accurate in my answers and have someone that actually understand and discuss my answer with?

I Would greatly appreciate your answers