Hybrid View

Daikin vrv2 overcharged f6 fault

Hi guys , just visiting a new site and working in a vrv2 410 system, founnd system to be coming up with f6 fault, which is overcharge of refrigerant. Makes sense because apparently a couple of units have been taken off the system at some point so maybe incorrect charge was weighed back in, anyway my plan was to recover all the refrigerant have a measure up then weigh back in required amount, however!!! On further inspection it appears the pipe run goes all over the place and at some parts is literally impossible to get to to find out the route the length and the size of the pipe.
    Anyone have any other suggestions before I I explain to the customer I am about to cause serous chaos in his property,
    Was thinking maybe I could recover a little bit at a time and then run up the system???
    ??? Or am I asking for trouble

Thanks in advance

Re: Daikin vrv2 overcharged f6 fault

Quote Originally Posted by Leee87 View Post
    Hi guys , just visiting a new site and working in a vrv2 410 system, founnd system to be coming up with f6 fault, which is overcharge of refrigerant. Makes sense because apparently a couple of units have been taken off the system at some point so maybe incorrect charge was weighed back in, anyway my plan was to recover all the refrigerant have a measure up then weigh back in required amount, however!!! On further inspection it appears the pipe run goes all over the place and at some parts is literally impossible to get to to find out the route the length and the size of the pipe.
    Anyone have any other suggestions before I I explain to the customer I am about to cause serous chaos in his property,
    Was thinking maybe I could recover a little bit at a time and then run up the system???
    ??? Or am I asking for trouble

Thanks in advance
    You can always get close enough with the charge and they are quite tolerant just make an approximation of the pipe length and what it should be size wise and charge to that. A few units off the system won't make it go into an overcharge because the extra amount would only be a couple of kg at the most. It's also a high discharge pressure fault so may not be that anyway

Pull it and start again. At the very worst you'll know exactly how much is in there (or was) which would help diagnosis.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I think that's my only option, I'm unaware of exactly how many systems were taken off but I do know there are only about 4 indoor units running of the the system now and there are two condensors running it, I wonder if there is a minimum about if units that can be run on the system ,

Hi Lee,

Not sure about minimum units and all that but check the probe and transducer values. Have seen splits come up as undercharged due to faulty suction transducer and I see in the VRVII service manual this fault is detected: When the receiver gas pipe temperature is lower than evaporating temperature during test
    operation.

Easy enough to check all values with a meter, bit fiddly but shouldn't take too long. Get the Daikin app and all the info is there. Need meter leads with a small point on the end to get at the terminals.

Cheers,
    Andy.

Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Thanks Andy, I'd already tried that when on the phone with daikin unfortunetly that wasn't the case although I wish it was, but it also wasn't overcharges either, after recovering the gas for hours I just happened to notice the slave service valve caps were loose and saw that the slave was completely shut off from the system for some reason, anyway recovered all the gas and ended up with 22kg and after measuring the pipe routes I calculated it required 41kg so was massively undercharged not overcharged, arranged to go tomorow for pressure test and recharge but now worried about why the slave unit was shut off so I doubt will encounter even more problems once I turn it on tomorow.....
    All good fun though haha

Good spot that man.
    Guess you've got it covered but just incase you can code out the slave unit although not recommended long term depending on duty and also setting 21 to open all the valves for reclaim and vac.
    When recharging I normally get what I can in the liquid line and get the remainder in the same port with the reclaim machine.
    👊