Carrier Parts for reefer

Hi

Where's best to buy spare parts for Carrier refrigerated containers model no 69NT40-511 in the UK.

Thanks
    CB

Re: Carrier Parts for reefer

Not sure on that one but I would look at finding an agent near a port say Felixstowe, Liverpool I will do some homework

What is it that you need?

Found someone in Felixstowe, they are called eldapoint Ltd perhaps you could Google it they may be able to assist?

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    What is it that you need?
    Thanks

i'm after some spares, fan motors (evap and cond), a new keypad and temperature probes.
    these are no longer movable units so they don't need to be as robust as they were designed for, i was going to try some standard probes on them to see if i could get anything to work but i guess Carrier will have changed something or use an odd resistance so you can't?

CB

Sometimes it's easier to put a mono block on those containers or commercial condensor and evaporator I have done many that are used for storage sometimes you can pick up some good used kit and it will pay for itself bearing in mind the power consumption of those old units is it used as a chiller or freezer?

Like cad says go commercial if you don't want to do that just fit a dixell or eliwell controller just wire to contractor you can use original pressure switches and sub cooling valves fit a guard mount for the condensor and on the evap you can change the speed on them they use a different internal windings on different fan speeds thus get twice the life if you get genuine parts you had better sit down costs are nuts for what you need will be three grand I suspect

True keeping this old stuff going is a fools game,changed so many it's untrie these tin cans are designed for global use static application in the uk does not need such crap in fact I have fitted some mono blocks 3 horse and they control -20c on a 20 foot so if it's 40 foot fit two,customer will love you.

With a third of the power useage

At least a third probably more,if it's a twenty foot fit it on one side (middle)if it's a 40 foot fit two equally spaced dowe the side as I said your customer will get his investment money back in a very short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie patt View Post
    Like cad says go commercial if you don't want to do that just fit a dixell or eliwell controller just wire to contractor you can use original pressure switches and sub cooling valves fit a guard mount for the condensor and on the evap you can change the speed on them they use a different internal windings on different fan speeds thus get twice the life if you get genuine parts you had better sit down costs are nuts for what you need will be three grand I suspect
    Hmm makes sense as they are only running at 1 deg c the only problem I can see is controlling the quench valve / suction control valve
    funny really as they are great units but very inefficient as they are constantly changing from Cooling to heating, vice versa

Hi

is there a standard temperature probe I can use on these

CB

Scrap the seagoing unit full stop,put commercial on it your customer will love you as I said before lots of second hand equipment available the energy the seagoing unit consumes is obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    Scrap the seagoing unit full stop,put commercial on it your customer will love you as I said before lots of second hand equipment available the energy the seagoing unit consumes is obscene.
    Assuming we did that, how do you normally go about it,
    1. would you unbolt the whole rear unit and take it out, in-fill it with insulated panel then fit the equipment from there? (what about loss of space for evaporator and protecting it)
    what about airflow, i assume you would need some fair size fans to pump the air around.
    2. re-use evap/defrost and condenser and fan (take out quench valve, suction sol valve and suction modulation valve) and just fit a suitable comp with a standard controller?

I know your right, i just need to get my evidence and answers before putting it to my client.

regards
    CB

Leave container bits where they are fit new evap with enough fan flow and condenser either beside or straight on roof
    because the containers got air vents you don't need a p r v
    times you muck around fitting this and that like cad says just replace if
    I would not remove fridge up front as it adds strength to frame if you remove it and container gets moved the front would be week with just a insulated panel