Thread: rs-50

rs-50

Hi guys , has anybody changed a low temp 404 capillary system over to rs-50 or for that matter a high temp system . How did you get on , any problems etc.
    Thanks joe

Re: rs-50

Never used it guess I will be using it soon,Google it Bocking website says it is a drop in for 404a and poe oil must be used.

Thanks , I know what it is , Running low on 404a and wondering what direction to go . Rs-50 seems to be the best catch all at the moment as it seems to work with every compressor type and temp range and the price isnt bad , i was just asking if anyone has hands on of putting it into a capillary system.

In relation to cost in% terms how much cheaper is rs50,404a price in the England is all over the place buying it is like taking part in a Dutch auction!

Hard to keep up with prices at the moment but last i checked it was around 60% cheaper than 404. Its also coming to me around 7 euro a kilo cheaper than the other two replacements and as they dont seem to work with every compressor type and temp it would seem a better fit for me for most of the work i do .

It seems to be a good refrigerant for the type of work I do,capillary systems do not enter my client based very often,would be good to see replies to your initial post for future reference.

Ya i have not used it yet but it seems to have a higher discharge and might need to close the valve a bit which wont be a problem for most remote units but capillary could be a different story . A lot of customers in for a big shock though on the larger plants . Repaired a leak on a customers 70 kg pack 2 months ago and told him he would have to change over to new gas next time . He nearly got a stroke when i told him how much it was going to cost haha .

The problem is customers are going to have to face the fact that old gear will have to be scrapped or face expensive retrofit costs,changed many old r22 gear to 404 but when I tell clients the cost of refrigerants they scream but on the flip side as I have said before finding potential leakage is the way forward and a good way of making money,yes before I get put in front of the firing squad I know most always have looked for potential leaks so as the phrase goes don't shoot the messenger

Ya but the problem is they think you are trying to rob them when you tell them new gear or new gas at higher prices , there seems to be very little awareness of whats going on with gas outside of our trade , It would help a lot if retailer associations or government bodies informed shopkeepers etc about these new regulations so we didnt look like **** turpin .

Joe-ice, No information on capillary system, but seems to have a fair bit of information.
    Can suppliers of refrigerant advise you?

http://www.refsols.com/RS-50.html

No suppliers will not give much targeted advice on what it might work with outside of standard remotes / packs and i can see their point of view as they are relatively new gases going into old systems ( They dont want people coming back saying you told me to use it if it goes wrong ). Thanks for the link .
    Last edited by joe-ice; 03-02-2018 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Very true Joe,would like to use it in transport stuff bup my friends in Australia say manufacturers are changing to a different refigerants I will post later,but the software has to be changed and the manufacturer of the equipment use electronic expansion valves so the gas they are now installing does require an adjustment to the system,which my friend does not help you much with your capillary system but it may throw a light on the issue you face