searle cooler icing up

i have a freezer coldroom with a Searle tl6 evapourator that ices up on the spreaders and slowly builds up to block the back of the coil,any ideas on how to stop this please

Re: searle cooler icing up

Have you checked what current the heaters are drawing and what the defrost intervals are,door seals is warm product being put into the room etc

all checked ok

What is the termination temperature and is the coil clean and where on the coil is the evaporator temperature located

Following on from Cadwaladrs excellent posts.
    I too would be asking how effective the defrosts are and whether the defrost cycles need to be increased in duration and or frequency.
    Another important question being asked by him, is what is the product temp and its frequency of rotation.
    Is this a new install or an established one with the iceing up being a new issue?

An iced up evap could be the result of low refrigerant Charge / Pressure.
    Poor air flow through the coils (IE fan issues or blocked ) as already questioned,
    Will create the Ice build up.
    Similarly the cooler being positioned above the entrance (With or without Plastic curtain strips?) will ice up more readily than one on the far side away from the door.
    Increased traffic in and out of the cold-room will also have an effect.
    Sorry!
    There are more questions than answers at the moment helping us build up a picture of what is happening will help in the diagnosis.
    Good luck all the same.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Also is the water getting away down the drain seen a few where it has not and the water is thrown back onto the evaporator after defrost,as said lots of maybes can cause the issue.

Not sure what type of blower that is as I couldn't get tl6 to match anything but if it is a mouthorgan style Tec blower, then make sure the heater is properly fixed under the coil.
    I've seen them where the heater is bent and doesn't touch the coil all the way along so it doesn't transfer the heat very well.
    Cheers,
    Andy.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by europa12 View Post
    all checked ok
    So that's alright then.

A little more forthcoming with diagnostic information might help us who are working in the dark here.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

europa
    For us to help you a small photo of the problem ,plus some basic fridge info such as refrigerant type, evaporating temperature , suction line temperature , suction superheat etc would be helpful.
    When you say spreader I assume your talking about the distributor and it's tubes that are heavily frosting , and often this is caused by system components mismatched i.e. Evaporator undersized, condensing unit oversized, expansion valve orifice the wrong size or incorrectly set up for the evaporator..Any of these things plus others mentioned in previous threads can cause excessive frosting at the distributor and tubes as excessive pressure drops in the distributor and leads can lead to extreme low pressures and temperatures around this area which can contribute to excessive frost or ice formation
    So if you can supply better information including the full description of the compressor ,evaporator plus expansion valve etc we can make a more informed assessment to try to guide you in the right direction

Good reply Glenn,more info needed photos would be an advantage as well.

thanks for the feed back.it's a real **** up install.if the call comes back in I will take some pictures and repost