Lg split inverter fault code ch 26

Got called to this system today reported not working, found error code 26 which is compressor sieved, when the indoors are set for cooling the condensor fan runs but not compressor when set to heating unit shuts down and no condensor fan or compressor,would a sieved compressor not cause the breaker to trip on supply power we tested windings and the ohms seemed correct but not tested with a megger yet,no reading to earth,any tips

Re: Lg split inverter fault code ch 26

Something we never checked because of access was if there is a klaxon on the compressor,guess we may have to dig deeper over the weekend

Ha spellchecker, should have said klixon! !!

Inverter circuit should detect current getting too high and then shut down in the case of a seized compressor. Circuit shuts down before the breaker gets anywhere near tripping.
    If it was down to earth then the inverter circuit is normally of damaged, perhaps physically blown to bits and the breaker might also have tripped.
    Seem to recall something on LG's where you get an inverter code but the actual fault is an outdoor probe instead. Sure I've posted about it on here yonks back, I'll try and have a check when I get a moment.
    On a side note, how did the operation go?
    Cheers,
    Andy.

OK thanks for that,on the operation just got the date today it's booked for late next month but sadly will have to rearrange it as I am on holiday with family thank you for asking.

No readings to earth but as I said not tested with a megger yet tested the windings with a basic multimeter and they were correct

The client said this system worked fine,he came to reuse it after it not being used for two months and this problem occurred so it could a problem but your comment on the sensor could be valid as we have had sub zero weather recently and the frost could have damaged the probe,does anyone know what resistance the outdoor probe is ?

Here you go matey

click on the first item
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...w=1280&bih=628

Thanks frank, going back to the job soon no rush I think maybe the compressor is ok could do with hot wiring it so to speak,the system worked great then when he switched it on this fault reared it's head? Maybe I will disconnect the sensor and see what happens?