Transicold Supra 644 Detector Power Supply

Hello

I'm trying to get an old Transicold Supra 644 to run.
    The diesel engine of the cooler was stolen from it, someone just cut off the wires.
    So I try to get it to run with only the standby motor and I have a few problems with it.

The controller gives me a few errors which I don't know how to solve them.

- No power

The display says no power allthough I have power applied and the motor runs if I turn on the contactor, in the circuit diagram I found the Detector Power Supply but I can't find it on the unit.
    Could someone tell me where to find it or take a picture of it?
    I assume that I have to apply +12V to some certain wire to get this error solved

-WT sensor

Is this the temperature sensor of the cooling water of the diesel engine?
    Does anybody know which kind of sensor this is, so I can place some kind of resistor insted of the temperature sensor.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Transicold Supra 644 Detector Power Supply

Firstly the rotation detector it's in the panel with the contactor if it has one fitted,you should see the main 3phase input on the contactor along with some extra wires smaller in gauge those will go to the detector,as the cables have been cut the wires that went to the starter motor the main thick one will need to be attached to a thinner one but an earth from the battery should also be bolted to the metal part of the unit,you will need to have a twelve volt battery fitted the water temperature sensor may have to be fitted but sure that grounds when the engine coolant gets too warm the wire to the oil switch will need to be grounded so the unit knows that the engine is not running but it knows the engine is not running because the alternator field circuit is grounded when it's stopped,do what I said and see if it runs if it's got a phase detector fitted and you have power issues swap two phases around on the incoming cable,turn the mains power off first! ! best of luck

Hello cadwaladr

Thanks for your tips.
    Unfortunately there are no further wires from the contactor beside the 3 for the pases and the 2 for the coil.
    According to the shematic I tried to put a defined voltage on the PH+ wire of the microcontroller with no result.

I think I'm going to replace the whole control with a PLC.

I will just switch on and off the 3 phase motor according to the Temperature I measure inside the cooled room.
    Which emergency features do I have to take under consideration?

I saw there are two sensors directly on the compressor, I assume this is a overpreasure and an overtemperature switch for emergency shutdown.
    On one side of the radiator there is also a valve, see picture below. Do you know which purpose this valve has?
    IMG_20180122_171913.jpg

Hot gas defrost valve,there is a high pressure switch on the compressor and a suction transducer,the fan motors on the evaporator are 12vdc

What temperature are you hoping to achieve with this container if it's a permanent chill/freezer I would fit commercial equipment to the container as that will be more efficient and quieter.

I want to achieve +5°C (41°F) with this container. As it is a cellar room which has +9°C without cooling I think the energy neccesary for this is not a big problem.

So I just turn on the motor and check if the high pressure switch is closed?
    When do I have to turn on / off the Hot Gas Defrost valve?

The suction transducer tells me how "hard" the compressor is working?

A lot of involved electrics,yes you could just wire the he through your contactor coil supply but you need the dc charging system working to power the evaporator fans

I would simply use a second contactor and a 12V DC Supply to power the evaporator fans.

If memory serves me right this unit runs in heat on start up for a short time to take pressure off the compressor,ie it energises the valve in your picture guess you could put a delay timer to it for say one minute to lower initial current draw ,also you could have fans powered permanently to create an off cycle defrost but the motors if they are the cylindrical type with brushes will not last long,best of luck myself I would try to sort out the original wiring and let it be controlled by the microprocessor