Testo 557 digital manifold gauges

Are these gauges any good and what’s people’s thoughts/opinions who have a set & would you advise getting a set?

Thanks in advance

Re: Testo 557 digital manifold gauges

Used them on a visit to australia they were not testo maybe yellow jacket I found them to be excellent and may purchase a set soon,handled with care they should last

Have a look at the testo 550. Exactly the same gauges just a 2 way block rather than the 4way, cheaper aswel.

Quote Originally Posted by Airconking View Post
    Have a look at the testo 550. Exactly the same gauges just a 2 way block rather than the 4way, cheaper aswel.
    Cheers for that, do you know if they’re any good as I’ve heard they are prone to leak?

You get what you pay for,yellow jacket is near the top of the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
    Cheers for that, do you know if they’re any good as I’ve heard they are prone to leak?
    Not had any problems with them ����

I did some training for Testo and on the back of it they gave me a few sets (550, 557 & 570), plus some vac gauges and a few other bits and bobs. I think they are excellent and if I had to I would buy a set tomorrow. I like the look of the Testo 115 which is a pair of probes that link up to an app on your phone.

Compared to normal gauges, temperature probe and a vac gauge I think the price is competitive. The higher model gives you access to the software from your pc and you can do pressure tests and the test can be logged and completely transformed into a pressure test certificate for comissioning purposes.

I have never had an issue with them except one, batteries. Batteries are a pane in the behind and they always fail at the worst time. Same with all digital gauges though.

I have used all the main makes and for me the Testo ones are amongst the best if not the best.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..