Home-brew Miele fridge rewire

Hi All

So I picket up a dysfunctional 6ft freestanding Miele fridge for my home brew kegs. It all works except it always chills down to -2 deg C. Sometimes the internal lights flash and the fan motor pulses on and off and its behaviour was a bit bizarre. I knew this when buying it. What do you want for $ 50 !! It looks very similar to this. https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/re...2820_SD_edt/cs
    But its and older K8952 SD - ED1
    So I have disconnected the logic board and now run the compressor direct from an external STC-1000 temperature controller.
    It all good so far. I've lost the internal lights, I can live with that but I'm uncertain what to do with the internal fan.
    So this fridge has no freezer unit , it doesn't have a defrost function either. It's just a cold plate which is three quarters the internal height of the fridge. The thermistor appears to be bonded into the cold plate so I gave up thinking about replacing it.

I can rewire it so the internal fan comes on with the compressor (which would be easy) or should it have an independent timer , 10 mins on 50 off sort of thing.

Thanks

Re: Home-brew Miele fridge rewire

I'd run it on test with a thermometer inside and see how the temp goes.
    Our Miele fridge has a 'turbo fan' that you can turn on or off bit it's just a sales gimmick designed to spread the air and get a more even temperature inside.

Blog Entries

Leave fan to work all time and compressor on thermostat demand. If you are keeping it at 3°C or more, you don't need defrost with fan switched ON full time.

Thanks. I'll set up some glasses of water from top to bottom and measure the temperatures. See what the swing is.