jvac connection to hose set

Hope someone can help with what should be something very simple. I cannot get an adaptor to fit R410A hoses to my jvac pump. Pump has 3 connections with caps. One 1/2 acme one 1/4 and one what I think is 3/8 or 5/16th ?
    I bought a 5/16 to 1/4 adaptor which fits the 5/16th (or 3/8) but unfortunately gives me 1/4 male again so no better off. I seem to need female 1/4 to male 5/16th. Hoses are correct as they fit service valve on a R410a split. Help appreciated

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: jvac connection to hose set

R410a hoses normally have different size connectors at each end, one for your manifold and one for the 410 access port.

Your vacuum line should just be from the pump to the manifold.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Blog Entries

By reading your post. I am kind of left with the feeling that you shouldn't be working with this...
    Last edited by Tycho; 14-12-2017 at 04:26 AM.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

My thoughts entirely,maybe it's me with vast experience of having to adapt but out in the field not with this particular problem is making bottle adaptors from sealing caps metal of course,being faced with a 3/8th fitting on a receiver tank and cobbling a two nuts one 3/8th and one 1/4 and a piece of 1/4 tube big flare for the 3/8th hey presto a reducer is born but hey I am old school and not a defeatist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    My thoughts entirely,maybe it's me with vast experience of having to adapt but out in the field not with this particular problem is making bottle adaptors from sealing caps metal of course,being faced with a 3/8th fitting on a receiver tank and cobbling a two nuts one 3/8th and one 1/4 and a piece of 1/4 tube big flare for the 3/8th hey presto a reducer is born but hey I am old school and not a defeatist.
    Figured I had to edit my post again after reading this

Because who hasn't found themselves with a "special" connection, three feet long, made up of every piece of connectors just to go from male to female, at one point in their career
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Hi Cider.
    Welcome to the forum.
    One thing that can really compromise working with R410a is the style of Manifold you have.
    If you have a 3 port Manifold which I suspect you may have.

Then you are going to struggle!
    Because all 3 ports are !/4".

If however you have a 5 port manifold then the vacuum port is already a 3/8 fitting.
    Which is a dedicated "Vacuum !" Port.
    I am a little confused as to what hoses you actually have, only as has already been said the Industry standard 410 hose as the 5/16"F one end and a 1/4"F the other.
    The fittings on your pump are standard.

Alternatively if you wish to connect remotely of a Manifold.
    Which is what I suspect you may well be asking?
    You may have to buy a short 3/8" hose and a 1/4" female to 3/8" male fitting.
    Which will enable you to connect to the 3/8" fitting on the vacuum pump direct.
    I am not sure that you can connect an adaptor direct onto the 5/16" Fitting? (For good reason)

The whole thing rests around the fact that you seem to be describing your hoses as 5/16 both ends?

Or am I mistaken?
    Good Luck in your quest!
    Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 14-12-2017 at 05:56 AM.
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Thanks for the replies. I have figured it. My hoses and 3 port manifold are indeed ALL 5/16th being 410a. I realised i have an adaptor on my nitrogen regulator which is a 1/4 socket and a 1/4 by 5/16th nipple which is what i needed. 5/16th female to 1/4 adaptors are 2 a penny as hoses are i guess usually 1/4 but going the other way is no so common. Thats what you get for buying cheap crap i guess.
    Last edited by cider; 15-12-2017 at 05:41 PM.