Wiring a Telemecanique LC1 D25 01 Relay

Hi there

I have a split air con that I am fitting and the compressor/condensor has been disconected from a LC1 D25 relay .
    The question I have is what lead goes were on it .
    attaching pic of comressor unit wires and LC1 relay etc .
    cheers

Spike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Wiring a Telemecanique LC1 D25 01 Relay

Unable to help as we can't see what the coloured wires in photo 1 are connected to.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Blog Entries

All I can tell from those pictures are that the yellow is ground, and to call an electrician to tidy that up, sorry
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Best guess, the four wires from condensing unit, is one wire to a crank case heater? If so put that wire in NC terminal of contactor. Put live in L2 and neutral in L1. If it doesn't go bang then happy days.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Unable to help as we can't see what the coloured wires in photo 1 are connected to.
    Blue goes to L1 and a Black goes from L1 to the Coil .
    Red goes to L2 and a jump from L2 to 21NC .
    There is a Brown wire that has come out , could be L3 because the screw is loose , this Brown wire is fed from " Output of the Controler ( CL ) , it seems to me that this should go to the other Coil side ! .

cheers

Spike
    Sorry Brian thought you meant Relay .
    Last edited by spik1947; 03-12-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    All I can tell from those pictures are that the yellow is ground, and to call an electrician to tidy that up, sorry
    Yes it all looks a bit untidy , I have only just screwed the boxes to the wall , it will look ok when finnished and covers put on etc .
    cheers

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Yes , will get a pic , not at the place at the mo .

cheers

I can prob suss it out if I knew where the Brown wire goes on the Relay ! .

cheers

Spike

Attached a Drawing of Cooler Farm Cooler 3.12.17 rev2.jpg

Best I could do , just want to know where the brown wire goes in the Relay enclosure

Can't see how the crankcase heater would work as the neutral is wired to break when the contactor is off.

The diagram isn't the best but I would have thought the cl output from the controller goes to A1 on the contactor, well that's a standard setup anyhow. Yours is slightly, er, non standard by the looks of it.
    Come to think of it I'd probably chuck the wiring diagram back to Stevie Wonder and wire it up like any bog standard unit, not an Italian one though. :-)

Cheers,
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post
    The diagram isn't the best but I would have thought the cl output from the controller goes to A1 on the contactor, well that's a standard setup anyhow. Yours is slightly, er, non standard by the looks of it.
    Come to think of it I'd probably chuck the wiring diagram back to Stevie Wonder and wire it up like any bog standard unit, not an Italian one though. :-)

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Hi Andy

Thanks for your feed back , the drawing I have posted is what the actual wiring is , it may not be to a EN standard but I thought a trades person would grasp what the circuit is ! , and here is me thinking I had done a good job of copying the actual wiring to paper ! .

cheers

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Can't see how the crankcase heater would work as the neutral is wired to break when the contactor is off.
    Yes I see that , I have just wired the T1,T2,T3 22nc up on the drawing they are the wires from the condensor that I am asking were the wires go on the Relay , see my first post .

cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spik1947 View Post
    Yes I see that , I have just wired the T1,T2,T3 22nc up on the drawing they are the wires from the condensor that I am asking were the wires go on the Relay , see my first post .

cheers
    Now we are getting somewhere

So the blue, brown, black and earth wires that were lying on the ground are going from the condenser/compressor to the LC1 relay?

The diagram you have drawn up seems ok, but I'm missing the supply to the other side of the coil,
    I like A2 to be the live end and A1 to be the one to be controlled by a relay, but if this is italian, I'm not surprised if they have switched it around

On your drawing, the wire going from CL on the controller seems to end up in thin air, is this the one going to the other side of the coil?

Do you have a circuit drawing for the starterkit on the compressor/condenser?
    Does it even have a compressor heater, or does the wire go to a blank connector on the compressor/condenser connection board? because like frank said, the way it's wired the heater won't work

I found this diagram of a thermomax coltrec RCX 100, yours says RMX, but they look the same.
    coltrec.jpg
    Full user manual here:http://www.thermomax-refrigeration.c...cx100engen.pdf
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-12-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by spik1947 View Post
    Hi Andy

Thanks for your feed back , the drawing I have posted is what the actual wiring is , it may not be to a EN standard but I thought a trades person would grasp what the circuit is ! , and here is me thinking I had done a good job of copying the actual wiring to paper ! .

cheers

Spike
    Ha, thought that was the one you were working to so in that case not a bad job of copying it. If it's farm electrics then watch out for the M8 rod for a fuse. :-)
    In that case like it has been suggested, the CL wire needs to go on the A1 or A2 to operate the contactor for starters and the rest looks like it should work like you have it on the drawing except for the neutral for the crankcase heater as Frank posted, good spot there.

Personally I normally wire the compressor neutral to the neutral block, link the top poles of the contactor together and put a permanent supply to it, link the bottom poles together and wire the compressor feed to it. Spread the current across the 3 poles, stop the contacts taking too much of a hit on start up and getting carbonised.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Tayters; 05-12-2017 at 11:59 PM.