Thread: Soda Dispenser

Question Soda Dispenser

Hello everyone, I am not a professional, but I a was wondering if I could get your professional opinions. I have a small home soda dispenser. The compressor is not running. I have diagnosed the compressor is fried. Not only have I tested the 3 leads from the compressor with a multi-meter, but I also bought a supro unit that has a starting capacitor and thermal overload built in. My multimeter test readings told me the compressor was bad but figured it was worth the $10 that the supro was to try it out. Not to my surprise, the compressor did not start.

It is really difficult to get a refrigeration professional to help me. I have called numerous places but either they don't come to houses, or won't work on a soda machine. I am at my last resort.

I know changing compressors is best left to professionals, but I am wondering it is at all possible a job I can do. I know its 1/3 hp compressor.

I know when a compressor goes bad on a fridge, everyone says to throw it away and get a new one. But I just bought this (used) and it never worked since I got it and would hate to throw it away.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Photos can be seen by clicking the link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...a6?usp=sharing
    Last edited by iamskee; 07-06-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Re: Soda Dispenser

Perhaps if you find someone who does work on this equipment (like a Restaurant Supply) you could get it to them.
    Check with the Manufacturer to see who services their equipment.
    You need a good amount of equipment and supplies to change a compressor.

I advise you to ask this question to the manufacturer. Even if the warranty period has already expired, the technical support service should prompt you.
    Last edited by frank; 10-09-2020 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Not an advertising site

agree use help of some industrial supplier