Hall Training Centre in Gravesend

Anyone been on the ammonia training course at the Hall Training Centre in Gravesend? Was it any good?

Re: Hall Training Centre in Gravesend

Never been on the course but I supplied a lot of the control gear on the rig and had a play during its commissioning. Any ammonia training is always helpful just learning how to purge and charge safely is good knowledge. It's a lonely job working on ammonia systems as no one comes close to you in case they get a whiff of the stuff .

I have got to get on a course for co2 asap any adevice would be helpful, guess rob is my man?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Moore View Post
    Never been on the course but I supplied a lot of the control gear on the rig and had a play during its commissioning. Any ammonia training is always helpful just learning how to purge and charge safely is good knowledge. It's a lonely job working on ammonia systems as no one comes close to you in case they get a whiff of the stuff .
    Hi Glenn,

I went down there in December for the compressor course and going back down for the ammonia course in two weeks. The rig looks good and those guys seem to know a thing or two, should be good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    I have got to get on a course for co2 asap any adevice would be helpful, guess rob is my man?
    Hi Cadwaladr,

I went on the co2 course at Cool Concerns in December as well, it was good for learning about and practical handling of it. Was a bit basic for the theory side but I guess it covers all you need to know for day to day use, but those guys seem to be switched on and were happy to answer questions.

Heard just recently that Epta in Bradford do a C&G co2 course, looking at the info possibly a bit more to it than Cool Concerns.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post

Sean seems to know the answer

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    Hi Cadwaladr,

I went on the co2 course at Cool Concerns in December as well, it was good for learning about and practical handling of it. Was a bit basic for the theory side but I guess it covers all you need to know for day to day use, but those guys seem to be switched on and were happy to answer questions.

Heard just recently that Epta in Bradford do a C&G co2 course, looking at the info possibly a bit more to it than Cool Concerns.

Thanks
    Cool concerns are certainly good at what they do.
    As for Epta is that the George Barker's place?

If so the are spot-on and have an excellent set up.

Regards

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    Anyone been on the ammonia training course at the Hall Training Centre in Gravesend? Was it any good?
    Forgot the actual question

The Hall training centre are good, I have
    only ever heard good things about them

Rob

Last edited by Rob White; 14-01-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Rob

I have heard good things about Hall training, I did mine at Polar Pumps in Doncaster last year, they do the one and two day BESA awareness and assessment and they have a small rig with a flooded evaporator to do your assessment on.

I have heard that George Barker and Cool Concerns are good for Co 2 training, I heard that at Cool Concerns they have a rack and you get chance to access the multi channel controllers. George Barkers are more expensive but its a three day C & G course, but I don't know if they keep the rack controls a secret.

I'm thinking about doing the CO 2 myself as I am wanting to enter industrial as the technology could be the future for commercial and maybe domestic, or at least a large proportion of it.

I was advised by others to avoid Star Refrigeration as they are extortionately priced, and try to discourage individuals from working with ammonia and CO 2, despite training you in its safe use.

I know that industrial it is a niche market and the large firms try to maintain a monopoly with it, because it is a very difficult industry to enter and they probably only employ through nepotism.

I'll update this post when i decide where I'm going to do the training and how I went on.
    Last edited by chilliwilly; 20-02-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: poor editing
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.