True GDM-35 115v Coca Cola Fridge - Electrical Issue

Morning Gents,

Found myself working on a Coca Cola Double Door Cabinet Fridge. 115v System. Now im not massively experienced with these systems, 99% of what I work on are 230v-240v or 3phase. So im alittle unsure on this issue. If anyone could shed some light, I'd very much apprechiate it.

So Fridge Fan Motor (true 800402) has failed. In checking to ensure its receiving power, Ive traced the wires to the terminals on the relay (True 802402) on the side of the Compressor. On checking the terminals I have discovered that the Live IN to the Fan motor is reading 270v. Which strikes me as odd, when the Fan Motor is 115V.

Surely this cant be normal? The rest of the fridge is working fine, Evap Fan Motors, Comp, Lights. Faulty Capacitor or Relay maybe? Worried about just replacing the FAN Motor if its recieving abnormal voltage, dont want it to blow again. Thought about replacing the relay but they have to be ordered from the US and theres a 2 week turn around.

Anyone with abit of experience with these Fridges?

Thanks in advance!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: True GDM-35 115v Coca Cola Fridge - Electrical Issue

Seems you've got a live capacitor somewhere.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Might be a daft question but is the supply 230 or 115? I’m only asking cause I came across a chiller (brand I can’t remember), where the fan was in series with another fan, so if the neutral failed between them, the first would read 230, albeit being internally a 115v system.

I have met these before corestored is 115 volt goodbye fridge your too expensive