Why is air filter unnecessary for refrigeration unit cooler?

I am air conditioner side. It looks surprised to me when I did not find air filter in unit cooler. Is it practice for refrigeration industry for not including air filter to trap the dirty dust? How often do they clean the evaporator and how to clean? by water or air.

Re: Why is air filter unnecessary for refrigeration unit cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by 2498 View Post
    I am air conditioner side. It looks surprised to me when I did not find air filter in unit cooler. Is it practice for refrigeration industry for not including air filter to trap the dirty dust? How often do they clean the evaporator and how to clean? by water or air.
    Sorry i misread your post, i have worked on some refrigeration circuits that have filters on the condenser coils to help the coil stay cleaner, the evaporators i have always washed them through on cold rooms if they are bad.

Sometimes if they are really bad i have blown the dust out with OFN and then washed with chemical to bring them back to a good standard, but the coldroom needs to be empty to be using chemcials
    Last edited by TrickyRikki; 15-09-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: misread the question

Recirculated air in a Air conditioning unit must be filtered to remove dust particles, it is a standard requirement and if a unit is working without it, not only effects occupants health but also it will block cooling coil, reduce air flow, frost and ice build on coil and on long run also damage its compressor.

Guys!
    People are getting confused here.
    What is standard practice for a/c units does not necessarily apply for Chilled and definitely not for Frozen applications.
    Filtered Condensers I have never seen such a thing. ( Not Air Cooled ones anyway!)
    Filtered Coolers to say 2c I do see.
    But anything below that would very quickly Ice up and fail with the reduced air flows and Increasing Moisture contents compounded by the restricted Air flows a filter creates.
    A sub Zero evap or Cooler cleans itself (Hopefully) When it goes through its defrost Cycle.
    The melting accumulated Ice washes of the coils.
    when they get bad, extended manual defrosts are required!

Where there is Human occupation then dust will accumulate and occasionally even frozen coolers need a helping hand.
    Sometimes they are indeed cleaned with water usually in the form of a high pressure steam hose.

So In short how the dust is collected or the system cleaned.
    Depends upon system design and application.
    But low temp applications do not have filters, or at least I have never seen any!
    Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 15-09-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Hi Grizzly

Re-read the OP again and you will see that as an A/C guy, he is surprised to work on a low temp job and find that there are NO filters installed lol

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Hi Grizzly

Re-read the OP again and you will see that as an A/C guy, he is surprised to work on a low temp job and find that there are NO filters installed lol
    It takes all sorts, I guess!
    Thanks Mate.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!