Thread: Samsung problem

Samsung problem

Hi all.
    Got a different one!
    Samsung AQV09NSAX/N pair. Turn on at (for example) 18ºC. Compressor runs for approx 90secs and stops. After the usual 3min off cycle time, the compressor restarts, runs for 90secs and stops. Start it in 'turbo' mode and will run constantly until the mode time out after 30 mins, and then goes into the 90sec/3mins cycle.
    Any ideas? IR receiver, interior PCB, exterior PCB etc, etc. Don't think it's external because it runs with no problem during turbo mode.
    Samsung distributors here in Tenerife and on mainland Spain have no idea!
    Thanks for looking.......
    Graham

en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Re: Samsung problem

So,
    First a couple of questions;
    - What does the LEDs on the front of the indoor units do when the unit is turning OFF/ON?
    - What does the display and LEDs in the outdoor unit say?
    - How is the comms cable installed between the indoors and the outdoor units?

Things to try;
    - Run a temporary comms cable from F1/F2 in the outdoor unit to F1/F2 in indoor A and then on to F1/F2 in indoor B, preferable this cable should be 0.75 - 1.5mm2 2core shielded/screened with the screen earthed in the outdoor unit and in the outdoor unit only (at indoor A link the screens together but don't earth) If screened cable isn't available use suitable 0.75-1.5mm2 two core cable but make sure it is at least 300mm away from sources of interference (power cables/light fittings/speakers and so on)
    If the above didn't fix the issue;
    - Disconnect the IR receiver board from the indoor units (after you started the units unless you got wired controllers). The units will run even without the IR receiver/LED board connected.

Happy Hunting.

Thanks Viking
    There are no error codes on interior, or exterior units at any point during operation. The interior unit continues to run as normal. It's the exterior that is causing the splinters under my fingernails!
    Communication on this unit is one single wire. This is run in the same flexible conduit as L, N & E, but this has run with no problems since 2010.
    I'll try disconnecting the IR board. If all else fails.......
    Graham
    en boca cerrada no entran moscas

OK,
    Always worth checking the comms cable at this type of errors, normally quite a quick test to do (my extension lead has been used for this on more than one occasion...)

Another thing to check is the temperature sensors. Especially, now that I think about it, as you said that the system works in Turbo mode.

I have sent you the troubleshooting guide from the service manual for these units, unfortunately the service manuals for Samsung units of this vintage are generally too large to send via email. But in the troubleshooting guide you will find the values for the sensors.

Rep points sent Viking.
    For Good Helpful advise.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!