Hearing protection with bluetooth and microphone

Hello fellow refrigeration people!

What do you guys use for a hearing protection with bluetooth and microphone? I work all day in machine rooms and i need to use my cell phone to make phone calls. I've used the Peltor WS, but now i'm looking for something with better audio or canceling.

What do you guys recommend or use?
    Cost is not really a problem here.
    I don't need FM radio.
    Last edited by HwT; 15-09-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Hearing protection with bluetooth and microphone

I've been using the 3M Peltor with only the VHF option, and have been very happy with that.
    it has given us good and clear communication from the engine room to the bridge on large factory freezing trawlers (60-90 meters/190-230 feet) through a steel hull, with no distortion.

I have been on the receiving end of a phone call from these ones: http://peltorcomms.3m.com/world/Prod...Category_Id=18

and the guy that was calling me was standing next to a 8.500 Hp Wartsila main engine that was idling, and it sounded like he was at home lounging on his couch

I borrowed a pair of these from an electrician, during my last comissioning.

+ the sound quality of the VHF
    + ambient sound, I could have a normal conversation with a person without a peltor headset, even with a high pitched hydraulic pump running right next to us (I could hear him, if he heard me I don't know)

-voice activated comms... if you have the microphone as voice activated it would go like this:
    Me: open the suction vale a tiny bit more
    What the guy on the other end would hear: suction valve tiny bit more

at first we made it work by blowing into the microphone to activate it, so all communicatins would be like
    Me;pffffffffth where are you?
    co-worker: pfffffffft on the factory deck
    meffffffft ok can you check the whatever

in the end we had to set it to PTT (push to talk) so you have to push and hold a button on the right headphone when you want to say something.

Other than that, I think you will have a hard time finding anything better than peltor
    -Cheers-

Tycho

I use SENSEAR they are brilliant at cancelation

I also use sensear, SMx1 I think, cost me $1000 though.