Thread: Daikin VRV

nickthefridge Guest

Daikin VRV

I've just joined the site and I'd like to say hello to everyone. I've got an intermittent EO fault with a Daikin RSEY10GJV1. I've checked all the usual suspects but so far have drawn a blank. I spoke to a guy at Daikin UK today who suggested fitting some ''tell tales'' accross all the compressor overheats and fan klixons etc. Apparently they blow when the switch they are connected to opens making it easier to pinpoint the fault. Has any one heard of these devices, and do you know what they are called and where they are available from? I'd be gratefull for any feedback.

Regards, Nick.

Re: Daikin VRV

Tell tales? They blow... they "who"?

Can't the guy at Daikin tell you

Quote Originally Posted by nickthefridge
    I've just joined the site and I'd like to say hello to everyone. I've got an intermittent EO fault with a Daikin RSEY10GJV1. I've checked all the usual suspects but so far have drawn a blank. I spoke to a guy at Daikin UK today who suggested fitting some ''tell tales'' accross all the compressor overheats and fan klixons etc. Apparently they blow when the switch they are connected to opens making it easier to pinpoint the fault. Has any one heard of these devices, and do you know what they are called and where they are available from? I'd be gratefull for any feedback.

Regards, Nick.
    Hi Nick

The EO fault is a protection device for the outdoor unit. Check for continuity on the GREY wires coming off the PCB. These go through the internal "overloads" of the fan motor and compressor. The PCB gives out 240v and expects it back but in a fault condition the circuit becomes open circuit hence the fault code.

With the EO code showing don't do anything until you've checked for continuity otherwise you will reset the system and the fault will disappear - until next time

Quote Originally Posted by frank
    Hi Nick

The EO fault is a protection device for the outdoor unit. Check for continuity on the GREY wires coming off the PCB. These go through the internal "overloads" of the fan motor and compressor. The PCB gives out 240v and expects it back but in a fault condition the circuit becomes open circuit hence the fault code.

With the EO code showing don't do anything until you've checked for continuity otherwise you will reset the system and the fault will disappear - until next time
    I'll go along with that in so much as youve demonstrated E0 is outdoor protection, however when arriving on site following a call the unit has tripped and the various fan overloads and things have all cooled down and reset which allows the unit to restart after E0 is reset. if nothing is open circuit then the unit will run till next time but as for diagnosis you are no further on. these "telltale" things are news to me and sound like the usual daikin phone fob off. it also occurs to me that the self diagnostic brains on daikin machines are prone to psychotic behaviour {seen it time without number} and it could well be the board thats in trouble, or the controller, or the indoor board, or the cable is not shielded, or ETC ETC........
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Hi Guys,

Check out the Thread Daikin VRV's from 14-01-2006 in the air conditioning forum.

Have come accross they tell-tales before and they are useful for iscolating faults.

i assume they are available from Daikin although Frank will know better than i do

Regards

Never had to use the tell tales and i know that they are not available from Daikin. I would recommend power off the system and switching to emergency which will run the standard compressor alone without the inverter allowing you to check the running current 95% of the time its either standard compressor overload or HP trip. Once you get the system running on emergency check that the valves are not passing through the inverter compressor allowing discharge gas back into the suction! If so your inverter compressor is dud! Hope this helps

rbartlett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3
    Never had to use the tell tales and i know that they are not available from Daikin. I would recommend power off the system and switching to emergency which will run the standard compressor alone without the inverter allowing you to check the running current 95% of the time its either standard compressor overload or HP trip. Once you get the system running on emergency check that the valves are not passing through the inverter compressor allowing discharge gas back into the suction! If so your inverter compressor is dud! Hope this helps
    My last EO was a duff inverter compressor going out on it's O/L so I tried it on emg and got exactly as puddleboy said. I just shut it down and told them the good news..

EO should be fairly easy to check as if it's an overheat problem -comp fan etc then it will need some time to reset but a hp fault will clear rapidly. plus your gauges would tell you quickly. Now an intermittent EO is another fish

Cheers

Richard

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett
    My last EO was a duff inverter compressor going out on it's O/L so I tried it on emg and got exactly as puddleboy said.
    Common problem, inverter not pumping properlly and going out on overheat, as only the standard compressor on the older units have non return valves on the discharge line, it doesnt stop discharge gas going through the inverter when the valves go!
    Last edited by puddleboy3; 26-05-2006 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3 View Post
    Hi buddy i like to learn with you about switching to emergency to run the standard compressor,can you teach me please thanks in advance.

Isnt this just a clasic undercharge problem, overheating the compressor after prelonged use and resetting by the time the engineer arrives on site, Id stick abit of gas in and monitor for afew days, If problem goes away I would decant , pressure test and recharge with correct weight of gas. Or decant pressure test and recharge first off depends on what sort of contract you have.