COF Gelato Display

Hi,

I am looking for advice or recommendations regarding the repair of an old COF Gelato diplay unit.

The unit is not defrosting. We have traced the issue to a switch that sits on the water cooled condenser. It prevents the hot gas defrost but I am not sure why.

If I byIMG_20170725_100258_resized.jpgpass this switch the defrost works however the condenser ices up substantially.

I beleive the switch may allow a faster flow of water through but would like to make sure,

Any help would be appreciated

Will

Re: COF Gelato Display

That appears to be a flow switch, it would be open circuit if not enough flow of water, hence by bypassing it your system works but ices up condenser on defrost. Have you got a high head pressure, is a hp operated valve fitted in the water line? Your problem would appear to be with the water side, remove the water outlet from the condenser and see what the flow is like. Not a good idea to freeze a water cooled condenser!

Thanks for the help. There are 2 valves fitted (photo). The problem only shows up when it attempts to defrost as the reverse cycle valve is powered from the water switch.

Can you recommend any repairers in the UK? This is one of those "favour" situations I should have avoidedValves.jpg
    Last edited by CENTIGRADECOOL; 28-07-2017 at 10:10 AM.

The black solenoid opens on defrost to allow full flow of water thru condenser so it cannot ice up on defrost. Your problem is definitly poor water flow. The valve along side it is operated by comp discharge pressure and controls water flow on refrig cycle. You could rupture the condenser by freezing it with no or poor water flow thru it. Photo shows multiple joints you can open to check flow.

Thank you. Appreciate your time.