hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Price of refrigerant brings out the Snakes!

Interesting day yesterday as a large customer of mine cancelled their order for refrigerant from us and then proceeded to tell us they had purchased R404a themselves at 28/kg!

This price is cheaper than we can purchase the refrigerant from our wholesalers, then add the unseen costs to us that we all have to abide too to be able to sell and use refrigerants.
    Training, certification for engineers, certification for company and tooling. Yet we will get cut out of legitimate supply loop by some unscrupulous 'dealer'.

The audacity of our client is to then ask us to use the refrigerant for their service requirements!

The knock on affect of these ridiculous refrigerant prices is rearing its ugly head and now clients going shopping for the cheapest prices. I can only assume that these low refrigerant prices are driving a grey import market.

I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Re: Price of refrigerant brings out the Snakes!

I would insist on an audit trail for that refrigerant prior to using it as you could be involved in illegal trade if you touch it.
    Brian, retired in Devon.

Legally they should not be able to purchase without being registered, i would refuse to use the gas as it was obtained illegally.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Was only a matter of time before this started to happen , the price increases are nothing but profiteering and price gouging , the idea of these laws were an orderly winding down of high gwp gases but as usual those who can abuse this for profit have done so and caused a right mess. By the way looking at the website of one of these wholesalers offering cheap gas to anyone it seems there are several walkarounds on the regulations / disclaimer forms etc.