Thread: Coolpack

Mur24 Guest

Coolpack

Hello all,

I am an engineer in the far north of Scotland and have come across COOLPACK software to help me with my calculations. I am using the freeware version (1.46) available from the site, but I am having some trouble loading certain Log(p)-h diagrams. Whenever I go to load the diagrams for R407a, and R410a the software goes back to the main screen. Can anyone advise me on a way forward with this situation, or can anyone possibly sketch my diagrams for me?

Thanks

Re: Coolpack

Dunno what's going wrong for you.

Two things that you can do:

1. PM me if you're desperate and let me know what you need. They will save as a JPEG, but as the quality is good in the first place, they can be a large file.

2. E mail the people in Denmark. In my experience they are very helpful. Address details are in the help file.

________
    extreme vaporizer
    Last edited by Argus; 07-02-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Hi, Mur24

Maybe is not bad idea to uninstall and then reinstall CoolPack.

When you download something you can get some files damaged.

(My ZIP file of CoolPack is 16.8 MB =17.650.688 bytes)
    (CoolPack exe file is 11.1 MB = 11.702.191 bytes)

hope this can help or give some idea to you

Best regards,

Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Yes, a reinstall is a good idea.

Be sure to uninistall the previous version rather than to install over the top of it.

Obvious, but.....

________
    marijuana strain strawberry cough
    Last edited by Argus; 07-02-2011 at 09:13 AM.

I have using the coolpack for long time.In the module "refrigeration utilities",there is nothing wrong.Mur24 ,maybe well after you reinstall it.
    But a question puzzles me.Except the "refrigeration utilities" module running well,no wrong.others modules run wrong with the error-"unmatched quote marks.in A=stringPos('?,pipe$)" at the beginning.I guess that is the program compile error,but I cant repair it. Do you meet it?

sagittarius

Hi, sagittarius

Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius
    I have using the coolpack for long time.In the module "refrigeration utilities",there is nothing wrong.Mur24 ,maybe well after you reinstall it.
    But a question puzzles me.Except the "refrigeration utilities" module running well,no wrong.others modules run wrong with the error-"unmatched quote marks.in A=stringPos('?,pipe$)" at the beginning.I guess that is the program compile error,but I cant repair it. Do you meet it?

sagittarius
    Please, can you be more specific about your problem with CoolPack, (which module, calculation ?) an example maybe

Best regards,

Josip

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

ok,Josip.
    Coolpack has six modules,refrigeration utilities,cooltools(4) and dynamic.There is the wrong when running the four cooltools program -cycle analysis,design,evaluation,auxiliary.At the beginning of running any program of "CoolTools" there is the prompt"unmatched quote marks.in A=stringPos('?,pipe$)".If I ignore it,click "ok",the program can still run,but I don't know if it is work well.

Hi, sagittarius

Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius
    ok,Josip.
    Coolpack has six modules,refrigeration utilities,cooltools(4) and dynamic.There is the wrong when running the four cooltools program -cycle analysis,design,evaluation,auxiliary.At the beginning of running any program of "CoolTools" there is the prompt"unmatched quote marks.in A=stringPos('?,pipe$)".If I ignore it,click "ok",the program can still run,but I don't know if it is work well.
    I do not have any prompt when starting with any of cooltools or dynamic. When open any of CoolTools first is EES small window and click to OK. No prompts

It seems that you have something wrong within your OS or realy damaged CoolTools archive.

Best regards,

Josip

I had a similar problem, I would try to produce a diagram and would end up with the Blue Screen of Death, if I reduced the range with which the calculations were to be made there was no problem. I initially thought that the PC did not have enough memory but in the eventualy scrapped the PC as the CPU became unstable.

Hi,
    I think you can download a new coolpack and reinstall is the best ways

Coolpack is awesome, I can only wish there was a imperial units version for us in the USA.

maclingt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius View Post
    ok,Josip.
    sagittarius!

I come from Taiwan, and I have the same problem. But now, I have solved the problem by some tips. The problem is encountered here because the code of CoolPack is written by single character, not double characters. In Taiwan, the character used by Windows is double characters, not single character, so CoolPack produces the message. To solve the problem, just to adjust the setting to language of non-unicode program in control panel-> location and language option. Set the language of non-unicode program to English or Denmark, you will get the solved result.

puthanate Guest

Hi,
    I need it also that coolpack. I will
    appreciate if you send it to me.
    puthanate@hotmail.com

jonbonraki Guest

In the simulation system for two stage cascade system, there is column
    where we have to plug in the value of compressor heat loos factor , is it the same thing as compressor eficinecy and can we calculate exergy analysis using your software??
    there was mention of two different cop in software, how do we calcuate the whole cop of the system...