Question Sab89 oil cooler

There is some oil sludge and carbonated oil in the oil cooler(Thermosyphon), shell & tube with turbulator insert.the choked oil cooler increases differential pressure in oil system. I tried to clean inside the tubes but large amount of sludge and carbonated oil could not be removed and the only way is taking out the turbulator which in turn causes damages turbulator.
    I would be very grateful if you help me to find out a proper cleaning solution.

many thanks,
    Last edited by amdf_masoud; 02-07-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Re: Sab89 oil cooler

Quote Originally Posted by amdf_masoud View Post

There is some oil sludge and carbonated oil in the oil cooler(Thermosyphon), shell & tube with turbulator insert.the choked oil cooler increases differential pressure in oil system. I tried to clean inside the tubes but large amount of sludge and carbonated oil could not be removed and the only way is taking out the turbulator which in turn causes damages turbulator.
    I would be very grateful if you help me to find out a proper cleaning solution.

Would seriously recommend a new oil cooler & find out why it reacted like this in the first place.
    Change complete oil charge, coalesces & oil filters.
    This machine has roller bearings so oil quality & filtration has to be the best or machine could fail.

We recently used a chemical to clean oil separator with reasonable results, but takes time & equipment to circulate it while compressor is off line.
    Suggest you contact chemical supply company for something available in your area.
    The chemical we used was similar to oven cleaner 20% & 80% water, heated above 50 deg C & circulated for a few days.
    Maybe a few changes of chemical solution which was

Corrosive liquid NOS
    Ethanolamine 10%
    Alkaline salts 10 %
    Surfactants 10-30%

20% of this & 80% water
    Wash out several times with water very thoroughly after cleaning.
    Flush out with new oil to get moisture out.
    Even after this many oil filter changes due to carbon material loosened
    Last edited by frank; 03-07-2017 at 06:58 PM.