Hello,

I am working on a Climaveneta Chiller which has an IOM Danfoss EXD 316 Controller (minus display) controlling a Sporlan SEi Valve (4 wire) . My problem is that the valve doesn't appear to be controlling as expected. I can drive the valve open and closed manually via a purpose made bit of kit from Sporlan, but when its connected to the EXD 316 it struggles. The contacts open and close from the Eliwell controller giving stop/start command but the valve doesn't open sufficiently leaving us with high superheats. Sometimes its so bad that the discharge temperature increases rapidly, so much so i've now fitted a discharge temperature stat to protect the compressor. There is no display on the EXD 316 so I'm not sure what's going on or what superheat it's looking for. I did get the EKA 164A to try and look but I can't get it to work it just displays three dashes ---. I've checked the wiring and resistor to the unit, powered it off and on as recommended by Danfoss, but still nothing.The 316 and the valve are within 5m of each other.

Any Ideas?