Unfortunately I am in a financial hardship and would kind of like to know, before somebody shows up and charges me to tell me my fridge can't be fixed, what it will cost. Or rather is it worth trying?
I was thinking compressor now after scouring the web, maybe its just a simple thermostat.

1) I noticed in the past weeks, things in the freezer looked like they'd thawed and refroze (liquids)
2) Days later found ice on the back of the fridge- turned down the thermostat
3) all appeared to be fine- except I had tons of ice in the freezer- coulnd't quite defrost right then, but cleaned all the drawers and dumped any snow out.
4) suddenly week later everything in the fridge was warm. No chill whatsoever.
5) I shut off and cleaned the entire thing. Looks like it did on the showroom floor. Except:
I did notice a bit of a tear in one part of the freezer door gasket (rubbery thing)

6) when I turn it on, I hear after a few seconds, a hum and noise of something circulating (gas- water sorry- I know nothing about fridges)
The compressor warms up to the touch and seems to be running. Simply does not produce any chill whatsover.
Repated the process. Turned off. Turned on. Changed temp. Tapped the thermostat.
If it helps.. the very first time I turned it back on, I could have sworn there was a minimal chill on one of the coils in the freezer (lower freezer).
Now nothing. The fridge is a simple combi- 400.0o Euro new 3.5 years ago.

Problem is, I cannot find the same model now and the size fits exactly where I have built and designed around it. Also painted the door to match my cabinetry.
I am persisting on warm wine and tomatoes from my garden (the wine helps , but I'm getting skinny : )
Please help.... If it's a compressor problem, no point in paying €50.00 for someone to come and tell me that it's too expensive too fix. Any advice?