New i7 laptop is freezing and slow as snail when rebooting. What is the problem?

1 week ago I purchased this Asus X540UP-DM020T 15.6" i7 (7th Gen) 1TB 4G Ram 2G Vram AMD Radeon R5 laptop. It is so slow and my old laptop i5 is still faster that this new one. I tried to return this back to my seller because of the freezing issue. I haven't installed any apps yet, or software, but the unit is already freezing. The hard disk usage is always 100%, though no apps are running. Any ideas about this guy? How can I let it speed up?

Re: New i7 laptop is freezing and slow as snail when rebooting. What is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by anderson0220 View Post
    1 week ago I purchased this Asus X540UP-DM020T 15.6" i7 (7th Gen) 1TB 4G Ram 2G Vram AMD Radeon R5 laptop. It is so slow and my old laptop i5 is still faster that this new one. I tried to return this back to my seller because of the freezing issue. I haven't installed any apps yet, or software, but the unit is already freezing. The hard disk usage is always 100%, though no apps are running. Any ideas about this guy? How can I let it speed up?
    Maybe this question should be directed to a computer forum instead of a refrigeration forum?

Re: New i7 laptop is freezing and slow as snail when rebooting. What is the problem?

HI
    it could be hw
    download hw monitor and run it
    upload photo
    Power consists not in being able to strike another but in being able to control oneself when anger arises

Kefah.
    Old Friend.
    Why are you encouraging, totally unrelated post from Non refrigeration individuals!

If it is a regular Poster then fair enough.

But really I beg to differ in this poster.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Hi Frank and Grizzly.

To be fair it was a question about computers in the 'Computers and Internet' section.
    Poster joined in April and has stated he has started learning AC about 6 months ago on another post so I'd like to class him as a refrigeration individual.
    10 posts in 3 months, probably makes him a more regular poster than me.

:-)
    Last edited by Tayters; 16-07-2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Just counted my score and it's 16, but you get my jist.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

You are absolutely correct Tayters.
    I wrote those comments before checking andersons history.
    Once read I though I had cleared my post.
    Obviously not!
    Anderson for that I apologise.
    In my defence we are getting lots of crap posts and non related questions from your fair land!

Fell free to have a moan back and welcome to the forum.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

I wasn't asking him to stop posting...just suggesting that he may get more knowledgeable answers on a computer forum