Extending Length of Exhaust Hose on DeLonghi Pinguino PAC C110 Portable Aircon Unit

The length of the exhaust hose supplied with my DeLonghi Pinguino PAC C110 portable aircon unit is 40 inches/one metre. This has always been a pain for us because our windows are quite high up necessitating balancing the unit on a two-foot high box to enable the exhaust hose to reach the window. I have seen that one can buy extensions for one's hose (oo-err Mrs....) but have also read that fitting a hose which is of non-standard length can adversely affect the performance of the unit. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Apologies if I have aimed this posting at the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Re: Extending Length of Exhaust Hose on DeLonghi Pinguino PAC C110 Portable Aircon Un

Delonghi simply state 'keep it as short as possible', not a lot of help really is it?¿

However, yes you can extend the hose if you want/need to.

Longer hose means extra resistance for the fan to work against. If you can get a larger diameter hose then that will help keep the resistance down even if you have to revert back to the original to use the window hose fitting.

Re: Extending Length of Exhaust Hose on DeLonghi Pinguino PAC C110 Portable Aircon Un

The manufacturers usually supply a discharge hose length designed not to overload the condenser fan.
    If you add length to the supplied one, you run the risk of increasing the overall static resistance to a level above what the fan can overcome. This will cause the unit to be less efficient at best or cause the fan to fail at worst.

Many thanks for your advice, guys. I think I'll stay with the existing hose, then, and continue to perch the unit on its box as I've no wish to risk the health of the unit by fitting a longer hose than is good for it. It's not too big a pain in reality because the nature of the UK's climate is such that I only have the need to utilise the unit on around ten occaisions on average each year.

Probably makes it easier to drain the water as well