Angry Whirlpool K40 Ice machine nightmare!!!

Hi guys I really hope someone one here has knowledge of Ice Machines and can help as I am about at the point of finding a hammer!

So I have a customer's K40 which wasn't running. First problem was the pump which has been replaced. Next problem was then no water so replaced the water inlet valve. Still no water Assumed must be wiring to the inlet valve so replaced the wiring. No joy so the wiring also led me to the thickness thermostat which I have also now replaced. Still no water. Right now pump is running but inlet valve is not working. If I disconnect the thickness thermostat the water inlet valve starts working but the pump then doesn't run.

Has anyone come across this problem before or have any ideas?

Someone suggested the hot gas valve coil???

Re: Whirlpool K40 Ice machine nightmare!!!

Try this wiring diagram.
    Messed about with a few of these and the wiring is quite clever in my view, just a shame the diagram on the unit is shyte.

As you can see there are a few components in series with each other and the action of the ice thickness thermostat links them in or out. Which the stat open, hot gas and water inlet valve should operate. Current flows through the pump and fan still but as the two valves have higher resistance they get more of the voltage so will operate.

One I had a quick fiddle with last week made me think but haven't been back to it yet. All works fine but if you flick the arm over the cutter grid the defrost or water inlet operated, something along those lines anyhow.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

I agree the diagram on the machine is not good!but ice machines are a nightmare sometimes

We've got the wiring diagrams for both at whirlpoolk20.co.uk the wiring diagram on it is the same but there are some good illustrations of the individual parts on it that might help