Threaded View

Is it possible to have Fujitsu inside units with Toshiba outside units?

Hi Everyone,

First of all apologies for barging in - I'm by no means an AirCon engineer (although since the fault developed I do know the most about aircon out of all my friends!). I'm writing here because I'm becoming quite desperate, especially with how warm it's getting in the UK.

The AirCon system in our (rented) flat stopped working, and after calling in Engineers, they were unable to locate the outside unit, because all of the outside units are Toshiba (model RAV-SM564ATP-E) and no Fujitsu are to be seen.

The remotes in our flat are model FUJITSU AR-3TA5

All inside units are built into the walls – they look like this: http://www.fujitsu-general.com/share...uct-top-01.png

We're running out of ideas, so more of a sanity check - is it possible for Toshiba outside unit to work with Fujitsu inside units?

We already called Engineers once, and we'd like to call them again but I'm worried they'll just say "sorry can't find outside unit".

We're in London, UK (Soho) if there is anyone working in this area.

How it stopped working?
    It seems like there was a power surge as the main switch in the fuse box automatically switched to off, same with the aircon switch in the fuse box. This obviously cut off all electricity in the flat. When we tried to put the switches back to on we were not able to, because as soon as we flicked aircon switch back to on, the main switch was turning off. We only managed to put the aircon switch back to on when we disabled all other switches and starting turning them on one by one.

What’s the current status?
    • All four wall mounted remotes (powered from mains) are showing E:EE on their screens with green LED light blinking.
    • When temp up & temp down buttons are pressed for 3 seconds, it displays error 0:01. According to the Fujitsu documentation we found online, it suggests a communication error between inside units and the outside unit. We learned that often this is caused by, for example, blown fuse or, in more serious cases, broken PCB.
    • All inside units are receiving their power – when test mode is engaged, the air will blow from the unit, however it’s not being cooled down.
    • This started at the end of September 2016 and no attempt was made at fixing it.

What is the model of the system inside the flat?
    Our system consists of four inside units and an outside unit.

Based on the information we found, it's likely that this manual refers to the system installed in our flat:
    http://fujitsu-airconditioning.nl/Se...AOYA24LAT3.pdf

Where is the outside unit located?
    It’s unclear to us where is the outside unit of our system. Outside the flat, there are only Toshiba units (and one Daikin belonging to our downstairs neighbour)
    Last edited by lucas.severyn; 19-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.