Hi all,

I have just come back home with my new baby (born Monday!) and came to find a power surge has killed various things on one of the house's phases (220V). Part of this has been a blown fuse in a swing indoor unit, plus the transformer on an FXSQ indoor unit (220V to 25V).

I have three ducted indoor units, so I took the transformer from an operating one and made sure the PCB on the failed one works. So far so good.

What I now find is that all the remotes around the house show the U04 fault, and the outdoor unit doesn't operate. From what I understand, the indoor units are "chained" via the F1/F2 connections, and so if one fails the rest also stop operating.

What's strange is that the failed unit was not working, but the rest of the units around the house were fine, so my questions are:

1. Can I isolate one of the units in the middle of the chain? If so, how? Remove the F1/F2 cables & join them away from the unit?

2. If #1 is possible, anything that needs to be done elsewhere? Remote controls, outdoor unit...

3. Failing the above, any other ideas?

We're at 35ºC and 80% humidity, and the baby is really suffering (we can handle it in the pool...)

Thanks!