Horrific High Rise Fire in London.

Hi Guys.

I would like to ask if anyone else has heard the rumour that this horrendous event was started by a Refrigerator Fire?
    Which I am advise had on of the new "Friendly!" Highly flammable gasses within it!

Interesting one this and serious scrutiny of what the industry is forcing upon us!
    Should be up for discussion.

Green at any cost is not acceptable in my book!
    Its just a rumour at the moment.
    We shall wait and see.
    Grizzly

Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Re: Horrific High Rise Fire in London.

Plenty of stories on the internet of exploding fridges where they leaked internally and went bang when the stat kicked in , larger cabinets are starting to appear now with r290 with larger charges in . The biggest problem i can see is theres no stenching agent in the gas so no warning which is crazy.

One of the first people to be interviewed said his neighbor told him his fridge had exploded! Is it true most domestics are now charged with inflammable gas?

Most new fridges and freezers are charged with R600A Isobutane . The charge is very small , but also most of these new units have a run capacitor fitted to improve efficiency. But these often are cheap crappy quality which can leak and sometime explode. The electrics are supposed to be sealed but! . Often I've seen the electrics have been changed to a retro fit type not suitable to be used with R600A. Strange the guy had time to pack his belongings before warning his neighbours there was a fire!!!!!!!!
    Good old R12 never had these problems , so save the planet but we are all at risk due to poor quality components to keep the product costs down

were on the same wavelength methinks! Glenn?
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!