hotpoint ff2-66p fridge freezer.. fridge is freezing

hello, I wonder if anyone can help please.
    my fridge part of the freezer is starting to freeze food.last night the tomato was solid.
    I had a google and it says to vacumn the coils on the back as there may be dust on there, but when I looked at the back I see a few openings where I can see inside but no coils like the google picture was showing...
    am I meant to unscrew the back?
    my fridge freezer is only 1 year and 7 months old but only come with 1 year guarantee.
    when it was about 6 months old it had the same problem and a man come out to fix it but now it is out of guarantee. thank you

Re: hotpoint ff2-66p fridge freezer.. fridge is freezing

Hello Yellowgold

Better people will give you some real good advice when they
    see this post later today but don't start removing panels.

If it gets too cold inside the fridge chances are it won't be a dirty
    condenser coil on the outside causing it, it will either be a temperature
    controller issue, a probe or some other device inside the fridge itself.

The only advice I can offer until the big boys come along and give
    you better advice is make sure the fridge - freezer is completely
    defrosted and free of any ice before you do anything else.

Make provisions to store your food, turn the whole thing off
    at the wall and open the doors. Be prepared for a lot of water,
    use towels to soak it up but let the thing stand for at least 24 hours
    with the doors open.

In this heat it should be totally defrosted but any doubt, leave it
    off longer.

Switch it on and let it run, if the same problem occurs you will
    know it is not frozen up. All fridge freezers freeze up occasionally
    and require a helping hand.

If the same problem occurs then look to getting help from a professional.

Rob

Last edited by Rob White; 14-06-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

oh thank you for the quick great answer. I will try all that . I just need to order a new freezer to store all my stuff first as my undercounter freezer just broke a few days ago as well..thank you so much again.

Your not having much luck with fridges are you

All the best

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

I have just turned the fridge freezer off to defrost..i notice that the freezer door is not closing tightly like the fridge one is.
    do you think it needs a new door seal?
    do you think that this could be the reason why my fridge part was playing up --because of the bad door seal on the freezer part.
    also will it cost much to call someone out to replace and provide the seal
    hopefully some one will read this and have a answer for me---in the meantime I will defrost and update soon .... to help anyone else with the same problem

It sounds like it is a thermostat/controller or sensor problem depending on what type of control the fridge has

Quote Originally Posted by redroge View Post
    It sounds like it is a thermostat/controller or sensor problem depending on what type of control the fridge has
    hello, I jst left the freezer off for 48 hours and plugged it back in today ,,there is I think a error code now on the fridge freezer saying E4 and also now the freezer is not freezing.
    I don't suppose anyone knows what error E4 is and how much I will pay aprox to have it fixed.
    I did email the shop I bought it from and said I don't think its right that a fridge freezer broke twice in a year and half and they said

It was concerning to learn of the issues you have experienced regarding your fridge freezer.**As a company, we strive to ensure that all our customers have a positive experience whilst dealing with us, so it is disappointing that we have failed in this instance.**Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As a company we do understand our obligation to repair or replace products under the twelve-month guarantee provided with the goods.**I do appreciate that defects may not manifest themselves until after the initial guarantee period has expired.**In view of this and in order that I may consider your request for the product to be repaired out of guarantee, I would request that you supply a diagnostic report from an authorised service agent.

The report must state the nature of the fault, the likely cause, and details of the diagnostic processes used.**It should also state the estimated cost of repair and whether the fault is considered to be caused by an inherent manufacturing defect.**We will reimburse any out of pocket expense that you might incur in obtaining this report if proven that it is a manufacturing defect. ------------

----------------its just seems like to much hard work so I thought i may just get someone and just pay them to repair it,------so I wondered if anyone has any idea aprox ..what is the maximum someone normally pays for a repair..

.......according to them/the shop I bought ff from I need to get a report from a authorised service agent----who are authorised service agents?
    and whether the fault is considered to be caused by an inherent manufacturing defect?---I,m guessing the service man will say it is not a manufac defect just wear and tear......or am I just being negative.
    they will refund the money I pay for this report if if PROVEN that it is a manufacturing defect.
    ------------
    so I,m thinking I will pay out for a report ...get a sorry but no back from shop and still have to pay to have it fixed..

does the above sound right???
    sorry for being a pain asking lots of questions.

If you have a frost free Fridge/ freezer, the fridge compartment temperature is controlled by a damper and thermostat. Your damper could be a turn of a dial that should say Cooler/ Warmer or it is controlled by a Circuit Board.

PCB responds to temperature settings you request for the above 0 C ( Refrigerator compartment) and signals a motor to increase or decrease the volume of Freezer air allowed into your chiller compartment. A faulty fridge sensor or damper motor, gearing or a broken flap will be your issue.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

hello, my machine is kenwood not hotpoint..I don't know why I put hotpoint.
    will update soon.

just an update
    I phoned 4 people local -all aprox 8 miles or more away who do repairs and 1 said they are retired, 2 said they don't touch side by side usa style fridge freezers and last one asked problem then said he would ring back in hour but never did.
    so I cannot find anyone to repair..what am I meant to do... I guess I will have to buy new.