System without receiver tank

Dear Friends,

In past topic, I asked some question about sub-cooling. Thanks for all of friends participation on my topic and their help and information. I understood lots of things about sub-cooling and It forced me to research and read more sources to realize sub-cooling progress at refrigeration system better.
    I saw at several sources and also some of our friends said me in previous topic, At system without receiver tank, Sub-cooling can be indicated by how much refrigerant charge in system. I know this sentence is true but I can not understand why. Would someone help me to understand better why by easy explanation ?

Sincerely yours.

Re: System without receiver tank

Can we assume that it is accepted that without a receiver sub-cooling means that liquid is being backed up (stored) in the condenser.

It follows therefore that for liquid to back up in the condenser there must be liquid from the outlet of the condenser to the start of the expansion device.

The prime requirement of the refrigeration circuit is that the expansion device sees liquid at its inlet. If you are measuring positive sub-cooling you have achieved that need.

The manufacturers during their research/testing establish how much liquid is being held in the condenser coil at different sub-cooling numbers. We trust the manufacturers, normally, so if they state the system needs 6°K and we measure that 6° we can be reasonably certain that there is liquid at the expansion device.

Dear FaultCode,

Thanks for your reply.

It means trapping more liquid of refrigerant inside of condenser helps increasing sub-cooling ? It is true ?

Sincerely yours.

That's correct.