Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
Hi beiland.
The forum system does not email anyone.
You enter a post and then when suits you, log back on and read and reply (If you wish to?)
When I looked at the "tread tools" it did indicate that i could 'select notification by email'. So the software program you are using for these forums have that capability. Perhaps you have disabled it?
Such as shame as I participate in a number of sailing/boating forums, and a few other hobby forums, and in a variety of subjects on those forums.

It is sure nice to receive a notification when someone replies to a subject one has interest in. Its daunting to continuously have to return to all of those subject threads all of the time to find whether someone has added a comment. And I certainly don't mind receiving an email notifying me of such participation. And I can elect separately if I do not what such notification.

The filter rusting out is poor as you state and 850 dollars sounds a lot.
But if you get another 5.5 yrs use trouble free then the running costs are less than 1/2 a dollar per day.

Just a question of how you look at it I suppose!
Grizzly
I guess there are ways to justify lots of 'cost' we incure, but that should not relieve a manufacture from providing a PROPER product,...should it?

My neighbor just exactly next door just had the service man out to his AC unit....installed the very same year as mine. Its a different brand. i looked at it as it was being serviced, and talked with the nice gentleman who was doing the work.
1) First off it appeared to be in top notch condition compared to mine (the whole unit and the filter/dryer), yet is sitting probably about 150 feet from my unit. It isa different brand, .....Bryant I think it was
2) I found it interesting in talking with him that he had quit another AC company in the area and gone to work with another company, as he felt the first company only paid 'lip service' to their inspection task/contracts (didn't do a dutiful job on semi-annual inspection.)