Hybrid View

Re: Magoo, Very sorry to say.

So sorry to read of Magoo's passing. I hope his wise words have passed onto many of us. RIP my friend.

Here is one of Magoo's PM's from 2016.

Gidday Mike how are you?
    Funny the things i remember when a name is mentioned, like open drive compressors.
    As a second year apprentice a hundred years ago in the 60's I was thrown in the deep end and told to install everything in a new meat plant, about 8 open drive frigidaire condensing units and dozens of evaporators in chill floors areas and beef quarter blast chillers and a freezer, friggen miles of pipe work. The Frigidaire open drives were same or similar to kelinators with external bellows shaft seals that always dripped oil. They were supplied by General Motors Frigidaire Division NZ. Plant is probably still running, everything was build like a brick out house, cork insulation and plastered walls, way before polystyrene. All on R12, think the freezer was r22.
    Geez I am old. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.
    cheers grant aka magoo
    Last edited by mikeref; 15-06-2017 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.