Anyone know about daikins?

I have a leak on a huge daikin system that has a pipe run down 16 floors before feeding 10 ac units on ground level its got what appears to be a master and slave vrv3 upstairs I need to recover the 410a etc but how do i know what unit is mastee snd what one is the slave unit as i know you have to use master units board to put it in recovery mode and also into additional refrigerant charge mode. Biggest problem I have is i dont have a clue how much extra 410 was in the system and ITs not easy to measure pipework lentgh that far.
    Least i know where the leak is due to the oil spewing out a flair nut on one of the indoor units.

Re: Anyone know about daikins?

I've never used to self charge method, our tech man at work. Tells me it takes a while.
    i prefer to measure . If riser floor to riser floor is the same. Through out the building.
    measure one and multiply by number of floors,you only have the roof top pipe work and the ground floor to measure
    its annoying. When no one records pipe lengths and gas charge. Some where on the out door units .

Re: Anyone know about daikins?

stick 80% of known charge in before you auto charge- or even just factory charge- will save some time
    dont forget to stop all indoors before driving all valves open